Gibson Brands Forums

Decode this mystery Zephyr serial number

eggs

Hey fellow Epi-heads,

Steven Lister's serial number guide on this forum is fantastic work, & much appreciated, but what should I make of a 'Zephyr' with R99Mxxxx serial number.

From the list I am thinking 'R' = Peerless Korea, '99' = 1999, but what does the letter 'M' before the four final numbers indicate?

This doesn't quite fit any of the code patterns on the list.

Cheers.

eggmuffins

Hey fellow Epi-heads' date='

Steven Lister's serial number guide on this forum is fantastic work, & much appreciated, but what should I make of a 'Zephyr' with R99Mxxxx serial number.

From the list I am thinking 'R' = Peerless Korea, '99' = 1999, but what does the letter 'M' before the four final numbers indicate?

This doesn't quite fit any of the code patterns on the list.

Cheers.

eggmuffins [/quote']

Peerless used letters for the month, so M would indicate December (they skip I to avoid confusion with 1). See this thread for more info.

LOL... I'm actually a very rusty bassplayer (1995 MIK Epi Non-Reverse Thunderbird), so any number above four kinda confuses me... so thanks again for the knowledge & for the loan of your grey-matter... eggmuffins

hey muffin you already started a thread about this

your previous post on this

how many threads are you going to have about this just "bump" the original one man........thread pollution......:-)

EDIT: Jerrymac if you look in..... do you have the answer to this........ how can I find out........how long the Zephyr Deluxe was in production and how many were made...????

Hey Cooper,

Sorry about that, but I couldn't find my original post when I went to check for replies. Thought I might have been booted for some unintentional forum infringement... like being a bass playing Aussie noob!

Anyway, if it helps at all, I believe that the Zephyr Deluxe was discontinued in 2005.

Return favour... How do you add your gear list to your profile please?

eggmuffins

You have less than 13 fingers??? And you call yourself a guitar player!!!

WHEW !!!

I'm sure glad to know the extra 2 fingers I have (beyond the normal 11) are there for a reason.........

but i'm still curious about why the 1/4" input jack is on the end of my :-#

[blush][lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Archived