Gibson Brands Forums

Heres a Baffler.

That's a bolt on Junior with upgraded tuners, a P90 of some sort, and a mismatched but perfectly serviceable neck plate. It's also got a non-stock Leo Quan type compenstated bridge.

In short it has all the upgrades needed to make it a very playable and great sounding guitar. At L65, that a great deal, somone should snag it post-haste.

If it turns out that pickup is a Gibson, SD, Lollar or some other name brand, then it's thievery.

Cheerio, Bob's Your Uncle and all that rot...

I dont know if anyone noticed, or if it matters, but it also has a Special neck on it, not a Junior neck. Its probably the same neck for all intents and purposes, but it doesnt say 'Junior' on the headstock. Also, someone did a real bang-up job installing the tuners.

!BsTTv!QEWk~$(KGrHqIH-CoEvCKM+tU(BL3ZO654(Q~~_12.JPG

Pretty sure he's just rotated the PRS tuners to fit the set screws into the stock holes [lol]

Thats what I thought at first, but the tuners on the left look exceptionally uneven. Could just be an optical illusion, though.

Thats what I thought at first' date=' but the tuners on the left look exceptionally uneven. Could just be an optical illusion, though.[/quote']

Ah, but who's to say the holes weren't drilled badly at the factory? This is a junior we're talking about! :-

Pretty sure he's just rotated the PRS tuners to fit the set screws into the stock holes [cool]

Jr-PRS.jpg

Looks like the modder used the stock screw holes and left the old second holes unfilled. Fairly decent job, can't really do better without refinishing the back of the headstock at least.

The tuners are worth maybe $35, the pickup (if it's a Gibson) $60, the bridge $25, pots, knobs, scratch and neck plates at least another $50, so $170 US in parts before counting the neck and body.

If it plays well, would make a great beater for short coin for someone.

BTW, where the heck is Llangadog?

Archived