Gibson Brands Forums

Brand New! Epiphone les paul custom cherry burst real or not?

Qball

Guest icantbuyafender

i dont know, i do remember seeing a few of these cherryburst customs a while back....

The EE in the serial number is too large. The guitar is very convincing in every other way. Except the price. AFAIK that's less than half retail in Australia, which aint gonna happen. :)

Fake.

DON'T BUY GUITARS FROM EBAY!

yes I agree with this because you never really know who your dealing with. Like as of right now for me it's been 9 days since I made payment on an EPI LP Jr and the guy hasn't shipped it yet. Just getting this guy to reply to an

e-mail was hard enough. He has one more day and then Ebay will deal with him. Then there's also the issue with fakes, descriptions not being correct,etc...

I only use ebay if I can't find a particular model that I'm looking for in stores or online. I got to give props to Musiciansfriend, they always get me the guitars or accesories within 5 days at the most AND if for some reason there's a problem, a simple phone call gets it straightened out. If you buy anything from MF or any other online retailer and the guitar arrives damaged do NOT use your own money to ship it back, this usually runs around $30.00 on average. Why should it cost you anything? But you need to ask for a return shipping label that has the postage prepaid, They can e-mail you one and you print it out. The only inconvienence is that you have to bring it to a shipping location, usually FEDEX or UPS.

Ebay changed it's rules and now they make sure that you get your ORIGINAL shipping back, it wasn't like this before and I've expressed to them quite a few times how WRONG this is. Hopefully I helped in some small way. But you're still going to have to eat the return shipping. And when you're talking about value priced guitars, they aren't really a value anymore because you just spent $30.00 for NOTHING.

Sorry that I'm a rather long-winded type of guy. But I don't have one single musical instrument in my house right now and I'm going CRAZY! No thanks to me buying something from an ebay seller who SUCKS! The guitar that I bought, a Gold Epi LP Jr is kinda hard to find so I figured I'd chance it.

But I like to help others avoid problems that I've dealt with in the past.

This is not to diss all ebay sellers, I myself have made over 500 transactions, half of which was musical related stuff that I've sold. I always think of the other guy waiting for his new toy. Plus I like keeping my 100% feedback rating.

It's fake. Look at the EE in the serial number and the position of the pickguard screw.

Exactly what IMMEDIATELY caught my attention. I then

went straight to my Epi LP Studio, looked for re-verification,

and said "YUP, IZ FAKE" - The PG screw is too close to edge of

pickguard, and the EE in mine is SAME SIZE as rest of number.....

Archived