Gibson Brands Forums

Bigsby for Les Paul Studio

I just bought my friends 2001 korean les paul studio, thought it could be a good project!

I'm thinking i might install a bigsby, just to experiment because I've never used one; but I'm not sure which bigsby I should be looking at. This studio is a lot thinner and lighter than my epi zakk wylde (it'd only be about 1.5inches thick) so I thought it might fit a different bigsby to a regular les paul.

thanks,

Mealz

BS.

I chose the B70.

and it works great.

I don't know about mounting a b5 or b50 on an arched top..

most use the 50.00 vibramate. but I like what I have perfectly well.

elpstbid3.jpg

lpbigs.jpg

I forgot that the Studio has a curved top. B70 if you don't wanna invest too much. Just get a 1" USA spring. I looked int to Vibramate a few years ago and decided against it for my LP. I just didn't like way the end of the B5 stood up off the body.

Oh - by the way: I decided to invest in a roller bridge (the one from GFS fit perfectly) and will soon be getting a nut upgrade too. I found my strings kept binding in the bridge slots and the nut slots and no amount of lubrication helped.

YMMV.

I went with roller bridge and locking tuners.

didn't really need the lockers but I like 'em a lot for fast easy string changes.

I love my bigs.

I sold the chrome one shown to a guy and I'm putting the black b700 on it. will post pics.

He needed chrome for his finish and black will look fine on my guitar I think.

Guest icantbuyafender

vibramate makes one for the b7 now!

so you wont have to drill into her

b5 is strictly for flat tops, and b7's just add that touch of class.

Archived