Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD 4 me

maniak

Found myself a winner at a local garage sale right in my own neighborhood this weeknd.. My brother came home from his morning errands on Saturday and told me that there was a sale going on in a yard round the corner from us and that he spotted a couple of guitars there. I went over there and checked it out,,there was a a p bass copy,,a strat copy and one or 2 other no name imports in various conditions. Then i opened a chipboard dreadnaught style case that was leeaning up against the fence and low and behold,,, an Ibanez les paul (sorry no epi) ,,took it out of the case and turned it over,,,bolt on neck ,,bummer,,,looked at the serial#,,,a 1977!!!Not a bummer,,. Now it was time for the tricky part ,,how much??. These days its tough out there alot of people know what they have or worse,,think they do.Well,,turns out he was asking $75 for it,,and then i found out i actually knew the guy who was sellimg it ,,he was a singer i worked with about 30 years ago. Well needless to say ,,,bolt on neck or not,,a 77 Ibanez for $75 was pretty much a no brainer to me ,,took her home ,,cleaned her up pt new strings on and that was bout all she needed,,,looks like she might have been re finished,, nut everything else seems to be stock cept for the machines which were replaced with Grovers,,no complaints there. Neck is nice and straight and the pickups scream!!!Ill post some pics when i can stop playing it long enough to take some. Oh yes they are still out there waiting to be found,,Happy Hunting!!,,Maniak

MY Noisemakers:

Epiphone 2008 Sg Custom Prophecy GX

Epiphone 2003 Korina G-400 Sg

Epiphone 1998 Korina Explorer

Epiphone 1998 Korina Flying V

BC Rich 1981 Maple Mockingbird Handmade

Ibanez 1977 Les Paul

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Gibson 1968 Les Paul Custom

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Guild Madiera P-600 Jumbo Acoustic