Gibson Brands Forums

Riviera P93 on Philly Craigslist - $350

brianh

That's interesting. I remember a series of fiery posts a year or more ago responding to some kid who had purchased two of them and was trying to sell one of them at a profit. He was asserting some BS theory about how they were going to become rare and highly-demanded collector's items, and got upset when other members opined that he was full of it. His rants were pretty funny.

I was going to buy it, strip it clean, and sell the parts on eBay for $700, har har.

Hey wait a minute...that's not a bad idea.....

Another idea is to buy it, strip it clean, sand down the finsh to 1200 grit, then paint it gold. Put it all pack together with beige pickup covers and an ES-295 pickguard, and sell it on eBay for $1,200 as a "rare custom order".

Or, reshape the headstock and get some Gibson decals like that guy that posted earlier this week. That would really confuse a few folks....

That's interesting. I remember a series of fiery posts a year or more ago responding to some kid who had purchased two of them and was trying to sell one of them at a profit. He was asserting some BS theory about how they were going to become rare and highly-demanded collector's items' date=' and got upset when other members opined that he was full of it. His rants were pretty funny.[/quote']

That was the first thought that came to mind when I saw this post. They are really nice looking guitars though.

In fairness' date=' I think the guy tried to make a whopping 10 bucks worth of profit...[/quote']

I also seem to remember he sold it for pretty much exactly what he paid for it + shipping.

And I remember he sold it fairly quickly, then left after calling us all a bunch of morons.[biggrin]

As a sidenote' date=' looks like this model is going to be available to European Epiphone fans soon...[/quote']

Now if they would just make the mini HB Riviera's available in the US of A...:-k

Archived