Gibson Brands Forums

dang

mud guy

I was at a guit store today that I never visited before (about 1 hr out of town)...I went there to purchase a Vox AC4TV (which I did HNAD)...but the guitar I gave it a test run with was this:

319619_800.jpg

Les paul custon, p90 ebony...it was fantastic, played like a dream, and was exactly what I was looking for before I bought a PRS soapbar singlecut a month ago...price was ~$550 CAN, so reasonable. The only info I can find on this model is from a post on here from 2 years ago by someone looking for info on the same guitar.

I couldn't swing it today...maybe after my next overtime check.

-Cal

I've been on the look out for one of those, The closest one that I've seen to me in England is in Italy with a cost of 660 Euro plus shipping. They are very rare versions of the custom and I know what I would do to it if I got one............Gold bigsby, black Gibson P90s, black/white/back pickguard, full electronics uprgade and a bone nut [biggrin]

Whats the name of the guitar shop that you played it in?

I've been on the look out for one of those' date=' The closest one that I've seen to me in England is in Italy with a cost of 660 Euro plus shipping. They are very rare versions of the custom and I know what I would do to it if I got one............Gold bigsby, black Gibson P90s, black/white/back pickguard, full electronics uprgade and a bone nut [biggrin']

Whats the name of the guitar shop that you played it in?

It was in a Long and McQuade chain Store in Nova Scotia.

I was at a guit store today that I never visited before (about 1 hr out of town)...I went there to purchase a Vox AC4TV (which I did HNAD)...but the guitar I gave it a test run with was this:

319619_800.jpg

Les paul custon' date=' p90 ebony...it was fantastic, played like a dream, and was exactly what I was looking for before I bought a PRS soapbar singlecut a month ago...price was ~$550 CAN, so reasonable. The only info I can find on this model is from a post on here from 2 years ago by someone looking for info on the same guitar.

I couldn't swing it today...maybe after my next overtime check.

-Cal[/quote']

If you liked (loved) the sound just the way it was, then don't "mod" it. Leave it just the way it is. I hope it's still there

for you when you get your next overtime check (I'm a salaried employee, so I don't get paid for my overtime [biggrin] ). Buenas suerte, amigo!

Essentially' date=' this is the guitar I want:

[img']http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/9/3/4/653934.jpg[/img]

I'd like a transparent tortoise-shell pickguard, though.

Now that really looks, cool! [biggrin]. As they say, though, "Different strokes for different folks." Variety is

what makes the world interesting.

i just had a vox ac4tv!8. it's a mix between vox ac30 and plexi in tone... and still too loud at 1/4 watt. i prefer my pod through it. i hope the negative press on them having a short life will not be true for me as i only had a peavey nano for 1 month before it packed up.[biggrin]

I've been on the look out for one of those' date=' The closest one that I've seen to me in England is in Italy with a cost of 660 Euro plus shipping. They are very rare versions of the custom and I know what I would do to it if I got one[/quote']

Here's a shop from northern Germany that still has some of the Limited Edition models on stock:

http://stageguitar.com/e-guitar-amp-shop/e-gitarren/epiphone/

They do no longer sell new Epiphones since Gibson took over the distribution, but have some of the more expensive LTD models left. The LP Custom P90 e.g. is app. €570,-. Already thought if I should get me the red one with the Bigsby.

Archived