Gibson Brands Forums

Availability of Epiphone EJ-200 vintage sunburst

Hi everybody, I'm new here!

I'd like to ask you a question. For some months I've been planning to buy an Epiphone EJ-200 VS. Although it's not a very expensive guitar, it's not till now that I've finally saved enough money. However, when I've gone to the web site of the store where I intended to buy it, I've seen that they have deleted this article.

When they haven't got an item in stock, but it'll arrive soon, or when they don't usually have it but they will bring you if you order it, they state so in the product page. But, since there was no product page, I wrote to them asking why, and they tell me this guitar is not currently available.

I was so eager to have this guitar, and the disappointment has been so big, that I've started searching in other online stores, and it seems to be available nowhere. I've written to a couple of places, and they don't seem to know when they will be able to get the guitar again.

Has this model been recently discontinued? Or is it just a matter of ordering it and waiting for several months? Why isn't in stock anywhere?

Thanks in advance.

Here on the west coast USA, VS EJs are plentiful. Musicians Friend has them, and also Guitar Center here locally, not sure if they ship internationally. My understanding is they come from Indonesia, then to Epi in Nashville, USA for inspection and set-up.

If all else fails, for you locally...e-mail "E.M. Shorts" in Wichita, Kansas...they ship Internationally

and are a good Gibson/Epiphone dealer. Great prices, too. www.wichitaband.com/guitar.html

E-mail: emshortsguitars@hotmail.com or wbic@wichitaband.com

Cody, Lance, or Jon, will be glad to help you, I'm sure.

CB

Thank you everybody for your answers. I feel more reassured now. If it's only a matter of waiting till they come in, I'll wait (I wanted it for my summer holidays, but not having it won't be disastrous). I was worried because three of the persons who answered to my e-mails (from Spanish, British and German shops) told me that they couldn't give me a definite date because Gibson had not been able to provide them with one. If you had told me that this model had been discontinued, I would have searched high and low for one in stock somewhere, but as it is, I'll wait a little longer.

ozigor, unfortunately I don't live near France. I haven't got a car, and I'm completely broke (when I decided to buy the Epiphone to replace my old battered falling-to-pieces guitar, back in December, I had to stop receiving guitar lessons so as to be able to save the money... And it's taken six months!) Anyway, if I find someone who's travelling to north Spain and can give me a lift and bring me closer to France, so as to minimize possible travel expenses, I'll get in touch with you here in the forum, in case your friend has still got the guitar.

Archived