Gibson Brands Forums

Past due introduction

Southpaw

Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank you for all of the knowledge I've gained since being a member of this forum. Since I've joined, I've pretty much been a lurker just adding my thoughts in the Epiphone Lounge.

After drumming for 20+ years, last year I was inspired to buy my first guitar after I had a marathon session playing along to all of my Beatles CDs. Being left handed and knowing/feeling that I'm meant to play as a lefty, I knew that my choices would be limited. After going to GC and testing the tiny handful of lefties on the wall, I decided that an Epi Les Paul Standard felt the best, fit my budget and to be honest looked sexier than Fenders. I now admit that a butterscotch Tele is pretty hot!

Since then, I've had a blast teaching myself as much as I can using my computer and occasionally playing with others. I still enjoy playing the drums (which taught me great rhythm) but I appreciate that I can carry on a tune by myself without headphones.

Anyway, I just wanted to officially say hi and let you know what a good resource this forum has been. I'll ad some pictures even though some might say my guitar was made upside down. [cool]

Alright! Another drummer!

Welcome Southpaw. I've been drummin' for 30+ years myself. Isn't it a blast teaching yourself to play guitar? I only wish I had taken it up earlier than just 3 1/2 years ago.

And watch out. The more you hang around here, the more guitars you are probably going to want to buy. [crying]

Welcome to the forums, southpaw .... though neither a lefty nor drummer, I DID previously live in southeast MI (suburban DEEEEtroit). There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here, as I'm sure you've noticed....indeed, some "tom foolery" goes on, but this is a pretty damn civil place, as far as internet forums go....hope you stick around.

I feel for you lefties, as far as selection goes.... my older bro (that makes him REEEEALLY old[biggrin] ) is left handed and has decided to take up playing guitar. He's determined to learn to play right handed, figuring since he's starting from scratch, his hands will learn it that way just the same..... I mean, are there lefty pianos/keyboards (or are there??? I don't know, but have never heard of such). Are there lefty drum sets ??? horns ??? flutes ??? Perhaps there are, but as a boring old righty, have never considered the possibility - I just know that the lack of selection/availability for y'all as far as guits goes would be a bummer.

And watch out. The more you hang around here' date=' the more guitars you are probably going to want to buy. [biggrin']

Just relax & sniff the GAS Southey... yep, feel welcome & sniff the GAS![biggrin]

Archived