Gibson Brands Forums

Can anyone tell me anything about this guitar?

RR

My husband has a Gibson Epiphone serial number 14030691 that he got in 1999. On the back of the guitar it has a metal plaque that says handcrafted in Korea by Epiphone The Epiphone Company Nashville TN USA serial number 14030691. I can't seem to find the serial number on any web sites and it doesn't seem to be similar to any of the other Epiphones I have seen while searching. Could it be fake? We know nothing about guitars.

Any help would be great!

Guitar Dater Project says your guitar hasn't been made yet,

isn't always perfect......

[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Manufactured in korea

March 2014

This is obviously WRONG. Is it possible the First digit

of the serial # is actually an "I"?

If it IS an "I", the most likely was

Made in Korea

1994 in March

#0691 for that month

Can you describe the guitar? (or post pic?). IS it a

Les Paul style, SG Style...?.

My husband has a Gibson Epiphone serial number 14030691 that he

got in 1999. On the back of the guitar it has a metal plaque that says

handcrafted in Korea by Epiphone The Epiphone Company Nashville TN USA

serial number 14030691.

Robin is correct - we would really need pics to make a good ID. If you don't have

a photo hosting site such as Photobucket or Imageshack' date=' it IS possible to post a

good pic of your guitar from your computer to be your "Avatar" image as a temporary

way of getting the pic on here....

The plate you are describing looks like this?

[img']http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt26/Animalfarm1984/neckplate.jpg[/img]

My husband has a Gibson Epiphone serial number 14030691 that he got in 1999. On the back of the guitar it has a metal plaque that says handcrafted in Korea by Epiphone The Epiphone Company Nashville TN USA serial number 14030691. I can't seem to find the serial number on any web sites and it doesn't seem to be similar to any of the other Epiphones I have seen while searching. Could it be fake? We know nothing about guitars.

Any help would be great!

Is this what you mean by a metal plaque???

img?s=MLM&f=31743090_9380.jpg&v=P

That's a neck plate' date=' and the four screws secure the neck to the body. It's not a fake, this would be a relatively inexpensive guitar and not worth counterfeiting. No one is going to counterfeit an old cheap model, including going to the expense of manufacturing neck plates, it wouldn't be cost effective. It would be like counterfeiting a dollar bill, it would cost $1.04 to make a counterfeit dollar!!!

Post a photo, we'll tell you the model. Or at least describe it. You call it a Gibson Epiphone, does it say [i']Epiphone by Gibson[/i]??? If so, it's a late '80s model and would probably look something like this:

87S4002.jpg

Is it possible that the 1 in the beginning of a serial # is an I, which would indicate that it was made in the Saein factory in Korea in March 1994.

Any help would be great!

I doubt very much that it is a fake' date=' for the reasons JerryMac stated (above).

The metal plate makes me think...some models had them, but one model always seemed to have them:-k

...OK, I'll stick my neck out and have a guess that it's a bolt-on Epiphone Firebird from the 1990s.

Does it look anything like this?

[img']http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1269/4706712752_9ecf2f566b.jpg[/img]

4706713420_43622764d2.jpg

Ok I couldn't load the pic into a post so I made it my avatar. The plaque I was talking about is the same as the one shown screwed on with the four screws. And what I thought was a one was indeed an I, thanks for helping me figure that one out since that makes more since! I hope the picture helps!

That's an S-series. I forget what the differences are between models' date=' but I believe that's an S-310.

[EDIT'] Just checked some sources, and it's an S-310 in Fiesta Red.

Yup, the S-310. Been running into a lot of them lately. They are selling in my area for about $140-$175.

This model is no longer made, which is why you won't find any new ones.

Sheila

Archived