Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Axcess

GladToBeBack

I've seen the Gibson Lp Axcess and the love the thinner body and cut away desgin on the back...and the Floyd Rose is a nice touch too. I, however, can not afford the $3500 price tag.

Has anyone heard or seen anything about them possibly ever making this model in an Epiphone?

GladTBB

Hi GladTBB,

WhereWYITFP? B)

I believe that Kramer make a cheap and cheerful LP with a licensed FR. It has a thinner body too - might be just what you're looking for.

Alan

Check out the Carvin 'California Carved Top Single Cut.'

http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=cs6

It'll still run you about $1600-1700 depending on options, but it's a fully custom guitar. (And not $3500!)

cs6c-qdt6-99644.jpg

cs6c-qdc6-93555.jpg

cs6c-fdo6-94757.jpg

cs6c-fel6-94970.jpg

cs6c-qel6-93675.jpg

They also come in string-thru, stop bar, and Wilkinson trem varieties. All have a slightly thinner body than a Les Paul, and all have the sculpted heel. (And they have a long neck-tenon, for all you people with that fetish...)

cs6m-fdd6-93400.jpg

cs6m-fdv6-94768.jpg

cs6t-sm-94192.jpg

Glad ...

The Epiphone Ultra has the "belly cut" and is also chambered making it 3 to 4 pounds lighter than a regular Standard. It's a great sounding guitar and a wonderful player. By the way, I am talking about the Ultra and not the Ultra II which is essentially the same guitar with a Nanomag pickup that produces a sort of scoustic tone. There have been reports of issues with that particular instrument ... so you might want to avoid that one.

Here's mine:

Sany0091.jpg

A press photo showing the "belly cut":

P_Ultra2.jpg

...and another showing the chambering (they take a LOT of wood outta that sucker!)

P_UltraChambers.jpg

Jim

GFS used to sell a Xaviere LP copy that had all the features of the Axcess minus the floyd (thin body, belly cut, neck heel). Guess it wasn't too popular seeing as they stopped making them B)

Archived