Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD G400 Vintage, 1st run Unsung

KDKowalski

Well Karma has followed me this week. One week after posting that I would like to find one, there was one for sale within a 4 hour shipping area (shipped to me by bus).

This is one of the last of the original Vintage faded. The neck is one piece with wings on the headstock, just like the Gibson, and the fingerboard is bound. The headstock is gloss finished, and it was made in 04 in the unsung factory. The body is not veneered, the Mahogany 3 piece body is solid and really is resonate. The guitar is well balanced and the tone is incredible.

I am so pleased with this SG, I sold my Gibby standard a few months ago and I was looking to replace it. I did not want to spend $1000.00, I never really played it enough to want to spend this much money. Now I cannot say this is as good as the Gibby (wood choice and finish) but it is at least 80% as good for 1/3 of the money.

I opened the cavity and the pots are Alpha 500K, a switchcraft input jack, epi non boxed switch. No sawdust and the cavity is shielded.

I can't help but think this model one day will become collectible due to the construction and value. I have heard many say that Epi's most likely will not become valuable, however look at the Squiers from the early 80's, Tiesco's which we regarded as junk when they were new, Airlines etc.

YAHOO [biggrin]

p7200321.jpg

p7200322.jpg

p7200327.jpg

p7200326.jpg

p7200323.jpg

Iron Maiden's Adrian Young

Get your facts straight Jonesey!

Everybody knows Iron Maiden's guitarists are Malcolm Smith and Angus Murray.

[biggrin]

BTW. That bound Vintage is very nice indeed.

Get your facts straight Jonesey!

Everybody knows Iron Maiden's guitarists are Malcolm Smith and Angus Murray.

[blink]

BTW. That bound Vintage is very nice indeed.

I don't know, must be the Gas

Adrian Smith maybe?

damn I only watched it once but 'hey, it's that guy..'

Looks great! What is the neck profile like?

mgm

It is exactly like a new Gibson SG standard' date=' it feels like a modern 50's reissue C profile. I played a regular G400 and they are definitely slim profiled in comparison...but not a baseball bat!

I played the guitar for about an hour last night and could not get over how much it reminded me of my last Gibby Standard...but not 100% the same. Luvin it [blink

Congrats! I have one in the faded cherry finish with binding and I don't think I'll ever part with it again. I traded it once and then I went back and had the guy put it on hold for me and I came back a few days later and bought it.

Congrats! I have one in the faded cherry finish with binding and I don't think I'll ever part with it again. I traded it once and then I went back and had the guy put it on hold for me and I came back a few days later and bought it.

I know what you mean' date=' I have bought back some of my guitars in the past, but this one, it would take a lot to make me change IE picking up a 61 reissue for under a grand...even the I think I would keep it to keep the 61 in mint condition.

Great guitars![wink

Archived