Gibson Brands Forums

NGD while the forum was away...

xdistancex

So ive had a serioius want for a Les Paul JR lately but a Gibson hasnt exactly been on my immediate price list so i decided on this....

g1.jpg

Its a 98' (or so i believe if i read the serial right SI9806)Epi Les Paul JR, it has an upgraded gold bridge, gold grover tuners, gold schaller strap locks, upgraded electrical, not sure if the pickup is original or not yet, and came with a hard shell case. all for the price of $90 on craigslist. Its not a Gibson, but its soothing my JR gas for now! haha

Yeah i figured it would help my want for a Junior for now till i can afford a Gibson, and its not too bad, it sounds great plugged in, as well i was surprised when i saw it the condition it was in, and he didnt tell me about all the upgrades before (he was literally like in his 80s)

so overall i felt like it was a pretty solid deal and a quick fix for now! haha

Yeah that was a big selling point for me was the case, when i got it seeing that it had an adjustable bridge and Grovers was a BIG bonus, there was literally not a scratch on the guitar, apparently it was upgraded for use as a backup for a Gibson and rarely used, the only "flaw" was that the old holes from the stock tuners are visible, but im not going to complain about that because it came with Grovers! haha

Archived