Gibson Brands Forums

What Vibrato/Trem for LP Custom?

Cask Thomson

Been trying to get a Bigsby V70 with the Vibramate plate installed by a luthier for weeks now, but it doesnt seem to line up so I might have to bite the bullet and purchase another, Cant find a Les Trem anywhere after the discontinuation

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Epiphone Les Paul Custom :)

post-24610-031090400 1282126596_thumb.jpg

Interesting about the Les Trem being discontinued, people seemed to be raving about them..

As for the Bigsby and Vibramate, the Bigsby B#0 series (B50, B70) are imported, and for reasons unknown to man, have different screw hole placement to the American made B7 and B5. The Vibramate, as you've learned, will only fit the American-made Bigsbys. You could flog off your B70 and get a B7 instead that will fit, or you could just bite the bullet and screw the B70 into the top of your guitar. 

You could also try the Bigsby B30. It's pretty much a B70 minus the tension bar, and minus the screws into the top of your guitar. However, it won't cover the tailpiece holes, and the string tension may be a little loose for your liking.

Stetsbar has been getting some rave reviews, is simple to install and is capable of a lot of tones that a Bigsby is unable to produce:

http://stetsbar.com/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOG_nPeZqBo

Jim

Looks pretty sick, do you know what model I should order for the Epi LP Custom?

Stetsbars aren't cheap, but they are very nice. I had one on my Gibson Les Paul, but I took it off and I'm thinking of selling it. Just go to their site and they will hook you up.

if you end up deciding to sell, hit me up man :)

Archived