Gibson Brands Forums

What happened to Manny's in NYC

Nic LP

Thanks guys. It's funny 'cause we have the same kind of store in Montreal. Steve's opened it's doors a while ago and it's been THE place to buy guitars and stuff for years. But now that the owner is old and sick, the store has been going way down in my opinion. History repeats itself... sad !

Nico

Thanks guys. It's funny 'cause we have the same kind of store in Montreal. Steve's opened it's doors a while ago and it's been THE place to buy guitars and stuff for years. But now that the owner is old and sick, the store has been going way down in my opinion. History repeats itself... sad !

either that or the big box stores (I won't point fingers...)

drive them under.

so remember kids, shop local!

I agree and I'm willing to spend a few extra bucks for the service,knowledge and friendliness of a local shop. I use to go to the "Wal-Mart of guitars" , but I found a local shop that has better service and products that haven't been man-handled. GC isn't going anywhere, but darned if I'm going to let my local shop go out of business!

Cheers,

J

I agree and I'm willing to spend a few extra bucks for the service,knowledge and friendliness of a local shop. I use to go to the "Wal-Mart of guitars" , but I found a local shop that has better service and products that haven't been man-handled. GC isn't going anywhere, but darned if I'm going to let my local shop go out of business!

Cheers,

J

True, but I think bigger stores get to have the nicest models, sexiest flames tops, etc...

Archived