Gibson Brands Forums

Can't figure out pictures

yoda

I had that happen, it turned out the image was too big. I think they have to be 120X120 or 150X150 DPI. I'm not sure if that's the same problem you're having tho.

That's what I've encountered, too. I have the resizer turned on but it's not doing what it's supposed to do. And I just don't have the time for it right now.

I had that happen, it turned out the image was too big. I think they have to be 120X120 or 150X150 DPI. I'm not sure if that's the same problem you're having tho.

Yeah, i resize them in photoshop, and they are to large of a file size. 50K?!?!? are you kidding me? most 150X150 jpegs are 100k. This new web board sucks!!

yeah, That's why I have a golf ball from the free to choose from gallery. My fiancie is really good at that stuff but I'm not going to ask her to take time out just to do something this bloody thing is supposed to do. I guess we were eating up too much banwidth with all our "originality"

It hiccupped a lot and didn't upload properly and told me in no uncertain terms that it would not accept images larger than 120x120 blah blah blahh (even although I was less than blahh blahhh blahhhh) .

Yeah.

Hey Ho.

Life's too short to worry or get upset about avatars and the like. No?

Aimee...

Yeah, the new software sez it will resize images but it doesn't.

I can't remember the exact size, but it's quite small. Another factor is the JPG "quality." Set it to a medium position for a smaller file when you do your "save." That will depend a lot, I guess, on the software you're using. I've been using Photoshop since before a lotta folks on here were born <grin> so it's kinda second nature.

Keep an eye on the JPG "quality" settings, too. It'll kinda posterize if set too low.

m

Well, when I first signed on here I didn't get a pic in the upper right. Looked like an avatar to me. I tried to upload a pic, but it didn't change the pic in the upper right to anything but the faded blue me.

Then I noticed when I posted my old avatar,"Check Point Charlie", was still there, I did notice that there is a place to upload a pic and a place to upload an avatar... curious. never did figure it out, as I'm currently satisfied with CPC.

Archived