Gibson Brands Forums

Some suggestions for improvement on the new Forum.....

onewilyfool

Two things:

1. After I type my comments, I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to hit "Reply" The reply button should be somwhere near the comment box, to avoid this. Same with "Post new topic" I have to scroll down to post, could be near or next to the comment box.

2. My reply gets sent to the bottom of all the posts, and I have to scroll back to the top to hit "Gibson Acoustics" to get back to the Acoustic page.....very inconvenient.

"Gibson Guitar Board> The Gibson Family of brands> Gibson Acoustics" This link should appear on the top and the bottom of the page. Pretty simple

That being said......new format is pretty nice......any other suggestions?????

Two things:

1. After I type my comments, I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to hit "Reply" The reply button should be somwhere near the comment box, to avoid this. Same with "Post new topic" I have to scroll down to post, could be near or next to the comment box.

2. My reply gets sent to the bottom of all the posts, and I have to scroll back to the top to hit "Gibson Acoustics" to get back to the Acoustic page.....very inconvenient.

"Gibson Guitar Board> The Gibson Family of brands> Gibson Acoustics" This link should appear on the top and the bottom of the page. Pretty simple

That being said......new format is pretty nice......any other suggestions?????

I don't seem to be able to download the spell chekker. And I bet it's in American!

Otherwise, agree with Wily. I like it alot.

I miss being able to "preview" posts by hovering over them with the cursor before opening them.

If you hover over the right end of the thread title box, a small document icon will appear........mouseover that. And at the bottom of each thread is the "Jump To' drop down menu, defaulted to the Acoustic Forum.......click GO for an end-of-screen exit to the main forum without having to scroll up.

It's pretty cool......I like it. Lots more features that need exploring.

If you hover over the right end of the thread title box, a small document icon will appear........mouseover that.  And at the bottom of each thread is the "Jump To' drop down menu, defaulted to the Acoustic Forum.......click GO for an end-of-screen exit to the main forum without having to scroll up.It's pretty cool......I like it.  Lots more features that need exploring.

That sounds great, but I'm not seeing it (I'm using Vista with IE 8.) Is there some forum preference setting somewhere to allow this? I went through all the settings I could find and didn't see anything.

Thanks

That sounds great, but I'm not seeing it (I'm using Vista with IE 8.) Is there some forum preference setting somewhere to allow this? I went through all the settings I could find and didn't see anything.

Thanks

Well..... It had been there from day one of the new format, but today it seems to be MIA. Didn't make any settings changes, it was just there on my Mac at home and PC at the ofice. Now it's gone on both systems. I dunno......

EDIT: Just visited Henry's Forum and the function works over there. Cannot explain it not being here any longer.

Archived