Gibson Brands Forums

New Recordings...

Silenced Fred

I really like your tone on Trial and Error. [cool] What's your axe for this one?

That's the Studio VM straight into a Sunn T50C, no effects. Drive channel with gain on 4, volume on 2, all eq dimed.

Thanks guys, it means a lot that what I think sounds good, other people can actually enjoy too [thumbup]

My songs

Acoustic guitar, using Blue Yeti mic, into garage band. Feedback is very welcome. I have to add lyrics in, but I had to put something up tonight... Lyrics are tomorrow or Sunday.

Thanks

nice work nathan!, i prefered the latter two as acoustic isn't realy my thing but they were great tunes though =D>

i've got a lady so i'll stick to electric [sneaky]

[biggrin]

[laugh]

It's a lot easier to take around to gigs too... Guitar, mic for PA, and you are good to go.

I originally played Falling Rock on electric, but I needed to learn how to record an acoustic so I did it on that.

Man I wish I could listen to those. I don't have a computer just an iPhone. It won't let me download it.

I can only listen to a few peoples clips on this forum. Anything on YouTube (ie Duane or stevejoshjay) and guitarest always work. Also chrisdudes songs worked for me. Lol I need to get a computer but it's not at the top of my priorities.

Man I wish I could listen to those. I don't have a computer just an iPhone. It won't let me download it.

I can only listen to a few peoples clips on this forum. Anything on YouTube (ie Duane or stevejoshjay) and guitarest always work. Also chrisdudes songs worked for me. Lol I need to get a computer but it's not at the top of my priorities.

Damn... Sorry about that. I will have to figure out how to post crap on YouTube...

Take my word though, it is the second coming of Jesus [flapper]

Nathan...

I think you need to decide what you want to do with your music. I like vocals myself - sometimes. But sometimes I'll find a given piece just doesn't seem to work. I've got two pieces I wrote for an event out here I still haven't figured out how to record decently.

So... take that as you will...

Also, youtube isn't hard to put stuff up on. It's harder to record.

m

Nathan...

I think you need to decide what you want to do with your music. I like vocals myself - sometimes. But sometimes I'll find a given piece just doesn't seem to work. I've got two pieces I wrote for an event out here I still haven't figured out how to record decently.

So... take that as you will...

Also, youtube isn't hard to put stuff up on. It's harder to record.

m

I played aiound w vocals on falling rock... nothing seems right. I'm leaving it instrumental [thumbup]

Recording? Bah, I threw a mic up in front of the guitar and had at it

Archived