Gibson Brands Forums

By BY SWD12

Johnt

EDIT

Decision made! ( I have been considering selling this guiatr fopr some time)

SWD12 on Trading Post ( which is the Gibson For Sale section)

Camera at ready for photos and will put on EBay next week!

Too many guitars, too little time!

EDIT

Decision made! ( I have been considering selling this guiatr fopr some time)

SWD12 on Trading Post ( which is the Gibson For Sale section)

Camera at ready for photos and will put on EBay next week!

Too many guitars, too little time!

Johnt, just exactly WHAT do you consider too many guitars????? Sorry you have to let an old friend go. 12 stringers are like a piano in a box.....so full.....Good luck with the sale...

As long as you have reconciled yourself with letting it go. Some of the worst mistakes I have ever made were selling guitars. Thing is, at the time, it made all the sense in the world to sell them.

I have been weeding 'em out as well. Just sold three guitars (no Gibsons though). All were very old, very cool looking but far from the best quality instruments ever to leave a Chicago factory. One was still boxed up from a move we made years ago to give you an idea of how often it had been played. So what do I do. Yup, even though I swore I was not going to do it, I spent more than 1/2 of what I brought in on yet another old, el cheapo guitar.

Best of luck with the sale Hoss.

As long as you have reconciled yourself with letting it go. Some of the worst mistakes I have ever made were selling guitars. Thing is, at the time, it made all the sense in the world to sell them.

I have been weeding 'em out as well. Just sold three guitars (no Gibsons though). All were very old, very cool looking but far from the best quality instruments ever to leave a Chicago factory. One was still boxed up from a move we made years ago to give you an idea of how often it had been played. So what do I do. Yup, even though I swore I was not going to do it, I spent more than 1/2 of what I brought in on yet another old, el cheapo guitar.

Best of luck with the sale Hoss.

Zomby?

Why are you calling me Hoss?

He far prettier than me!

Wily

getting to the stage now when I reckon I need 4

the J45

the J200 ( the Epi is doing really well!!!New nut, saddle and original plastic pins)

the dumb blonde (ES335) who is beginning to chat

the Robert Johnson Watch this space but in the meantimethe recording King fits in.

Oh yeah and a rosewood Tele form the 60s. ( OK so the 911 will have to go but as we haven't used it for three months she might not miss it LOL)

John. A thought I would like to share.

I'm seriously considering selling my 335 as I don't play it and need the £ to upgrade my acoustic amplification. Consequently I've been following 335 sales on ebay for several weeks.

Most are BIN for just enough to put people off and don't sell. There are very few true auctions of privately owned used 335s but one identical to mine did go for a good price approx £1,200 a couple of weeks ago, so it can be done.

According to Fred (son No2) he watched the Gadget Show the other day which had a spot on ebay auctions. Apparently the best time to end an auction is Thursday or Sunday evening. Also factual details about the item, and lots of them, are far more valuable than subjective opinions - although I would second any statement you may make suggesting that your SWD is unique and the greatest 12er ever made.......bar none...............period..............fact!

According to Robbie (who follows the market for all Gibsons pretty closely) the market is pretty poor at the moment. I will have a word with him for you.

I'll also mention this to Ashley, my other playing partner, who might be in the market for a 12er. PM me with the £ you are looking for.

Good luck with the sale mate.

Want to trade for my Tak? :-"

Archived