Gibson Brands Forums

New ES-359 Owner

Jazzcat83

I was at guitar center today .. and saw a ES-359 for sale for $1,999.97 (because of a nick in the finish). What a beautiful, beautiful playing instrument... I'm a PRS guy :) .. Never owned a Gibson before aside from a Les Paul Studio for all of 3 weeks (hated it) .... If Gibson made all their guitars like this one... there wouldn't be a single other guitar company on the planet!

Gin and Tonic, a little Wes Montgomery playing in the background... tooling around with my new es-359 ... it's hard to think of a better evening, while wearing clothes :)

I was at guitar center today .. and saw a ES-359 for sale for $1,999.97 (because of a nick in the finish). What a beautiful, beautiful playing instrument... I'm a PRS guy :) .. Never owned a Gibson before aside from a Les Paul Studio for all of 3 weeks (hated it) .... If Gibson made all their guitars like this one... there wouldn't be a single other guitar company on the planet!

Gin and Tonic, a little Wes Montgomery playing in the background... tooling around with my new es-359 ... it's hard to think of a better evening, while wearing clothes :)

good on ya. enjoy! what finish?

• 2 weeks later...

I am seriously considering the 339. What are your opinions of it now that you have played it for a week.

I love it... I hate to say it, but I haven't even touched my PRS, I've yet to even open the case since I got the 359. It feels great, it sounds even better, and looks even better than it sounds. The ONLY problem I have with it... is the finish takes a beating if you sweat at all when you play. I personally have to polish the guitar every single time I play lol to keep it looking nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Congrats on the purchase. I'm tantalized by the ES-359 but haven't pulled the "Buy it" trigger because Gibson's site specs say it has a "Lucille" type neck and not the 30/60. This conflicts with MF and GC product descriptions which state it's the same neck as on the 339. Will someone please chime in with a definitive answer as MF has been researching my question for a couple days now. If the neck on ES-359 is fatter then I'll pick out a 339 color I like and put my order in. thanks for everyone's indulgence.

Congrats on the purchase. I'm tantalized by the ES-359 but haven't pulled the "Buy it" trigger because Gibson's site specs say it has a "Lucille" type neck and not the 30/60. This conflicts with MF and GC product descriptions which state it's the same neck as on the 339. Will someone please chime in with a definitive answer as MF has been researching my question for a couple days now. If the neck on ES-359 is fatter then I'll pick out a 339 color I like and put my order in. thanks for everyone's indulgence.

Only the ES-339 has the 30/60 neck the ES-359 has a slim tapered D style profile similar to the neck on the Lucille.

both necks have a similar feel the ES-359 is a little thicker around the 12th fret either one would be a great choice!

Best thing to do is play both and see which one you prefer I have both and don't find that big of a difference.

Archived