Gibson Brands Forums

Good J45RW videos

J45dale

Just received my Gibson e-letter,

And I really enjoyed my intro to Mike Farris, and his Southern,Gospel,Blues style.

There is a lot of his music on youtube,( check out "standing in the sun"), and IMHO, he really picked a good guitar for his pickless finger style of play, the J45RW.

Thanks Gibson for the "Heads-up" on this guy. I must have been living under a rock not to have known of him.

That model is really on my short list, but still content with my Hog J45 and LG-2 for now.

Gas is growing,

Dale.

hey, thanks for the link. the '45 is everywhere. they should rename it the u-45 for ubiquitous. i really like the lifestyle page - even though it is a brand run page, it shows a somewhat unbiased view of what giong on in the industry and pop culture as well.

Cunkhead, did you get the email from L&McQ this morning about the Gibson promotion? "Rent a Gibson J45 for one month and receive a FREE Traynor TT2 chromatic tuner!" Like we have to be bribed? LOL Anyway, I'm heading over there today to see if they have any rosewood ones.

Sorry J45Dale, did not mean to hijack the thread. A friend and I went guitar window-shopping a few weeks back and played an amazing J45rosewood. Will check out Mike Farris!

Cunkhead' date=' did you get the email from L&McQ this morning about the Gibson promotion? "Rent a Gibson J45 for one month and receive a FREE Traynor TT2 chromatic tuner!" Like we have to be bribed? LOL Anyway, I'm heading over there today to see if they have any rosewood ones.

Sorry J45Dale, did not mean to hijack the thread. A friend and I went guitar window-shopping a few weeks back and played an amazing J45rosewood. Will check out Mike Farris!

[/quote']

thanks, GG but please, don't tease!!! i just fell off my chair. l&m is 2 blocks away. i will limp over there and beg, look mournful and maybe cry. (pulling nose hair usually works). they hate me there! they'll cut a deal just to get me out. oooooh a '45 rw. start talking me out of it. they know me too well - rent turns to rent to own- always with me!!! i had a good tip night at work the other night, too. insert running-down-the-hall-screaming-like-lunatic emoticon here.

ok .... i'm calm now. there is one '45 at the store here in town that has been in the showroom for 6 months. it is neglected - needs new strings and a set up. it really doesn't sound very good. not just mellow, but dead. its almost like a rescue is in order in of puppy mill proportions. i'll go see her monday. maybe with a saucer of milk and a catnip mouse.

Cunkhead

In case you don't already know this? Her new cd is really good. I downloaded the mp3 version a couple of weeks ago, & haven't taken it out of the player yet!!

As is Emmylou's

Not a j-45 either, but hey, it's a mighty fine Gibson!!

Archived