Gibson Brands Forums

good tuner for my les paul

invasion

Are you sure it's not the bridge at fault, there's a lot of movement in the saddles on an Epiphone, if you lift the string off the saddle, you'll see how much you can move each one backwards and forwards with your finger without adjusting the screw; that can mess up your intonation. When I intonnate, I always push the saddle with my finger in the same direction before putting the string back onto it. Nuts are also a common place for tuning problems, tuners tend to be OK unless they're damaged, but I don't know about your brand of tuners.

Are you sure it's not the bridge at fault, there's a lot of movement in the saddles on an Epiphone, if you lift the string off the saddle, you'll see how much you can move each one backwards and forwards with your finger without adjusting the screw; that can mess up your intonation. When I intonnate, I always push the saddle with my finger in the same direction before putting the string back onto it. Nuts are also a common place for tuning problems, tuners tend to be OK unless they're damaged, but I don't know about your brand of tuners.

KX36, the guy's talking about a guitar tuner, not about the tuning machines. Just to avoid confusion, otherwise I cannot recommend anything on the topic, as I don't have a vast experience with GOOD tuners.

I just had a look and I see what you mean [scared] You know this is going to mean me getting new bridge [biggrin] I hate things like that I cant belive how much play in it. Are the Gotoh tune o matic bridges better than this being a new design and everthing?? what would you recomend??

My tuner was £20 and I think it is bad to be honest I used to have a korg one years bake with a real needle pointer (this one is LCD)

That was stable I think.

Will get a new tuner anyhow, just incase that is compounding the problem. Stoboscope tuners are they the best type to get ??

Thanks

i use an old korg gt-6 with a sweep meter like a vu meter.

its dead on. i tryed some of the newer ones there crap. and anything that works off leds isnt good enough. you may find one on ebay used there not made any more but any of the ones in that model range is a good tuner. theres a new version of it out but im not sure how good they are.

Archived