Gibson Brands Forums

Limited Edition 1956 Gold Top

Twik

I just stumbled across MF's Limited Edition Gold Top Epi LP for 399.00... Sorry but that sounds like a steal, am I wrong? Does anyone know anything about this one? P-90's and the rest I think is like a Standard... Heck the standards are more. Just wondering if this is a deal I should not pass up or is it no big deal?

I love my custom btw... I am now an Epi fan! Beats the hell out of my Gibsion Studio (sorry Gibson folk)

i bought mine for 325 but had to rewire it it was sent back because the tone controls didnt work right and only one volume control worked for both pickups a few hours alter and a hunderd bucks for gibson pots knobs and 033 caps and it was sweet. i also have a wildkat with p9s feels like a gretsch. nice sound but different from the gold top a bit darker. nice for the price.

I think it's a fantastic deal (except for FREE). With

my current financial status (bills, bills, bills), all I can afford is

a Broomstick, Kite string, and a washtub. A "B-400"? (Thump, thump, thump...).

It's all a matter of timing - When I have the "Spare" cash again,

the deals will be gone/hiding. Such is life! [rolleyes]

Got mine brand new from GC........immediately noticed the large unstained "grain stripes" on the fretboard.......looked terrible......probably the cheapest rosewood on the planet........re-boxed it to ship back, wife says, keep it, they may not get another one in. I fell for it, there's nothing "limited" about the GT, everyone is selling them again.

Had to replace the 1/4" input socket IMMEDIATELY, the one in it DID NOT WORK.

Had to screw the neck pickup to the body because it was HANGING LOOSE UNDER THE STRINGS.

Had to adjust the neck twice before it could be intonated, it looked like an archers bow.

Had to replace the 3-way switch after less than 20 hrs playing time, at about the 10th use of the switch, because it FELL APART INSIDE THE GUITAR......

I'm fixing to order a set of mini humbuckers to replace the P-90s with because the bridge p'up is NOT reverse wound/polarized and the buzz is actually louder in the middle position, instead of cancelled.

I've bought brand new Epis that were PERFECT, and needed nothing more than new strings and a basic setup, but my GT was an absolute disgrace.

Archived