Gibson Brands Forums

Made A Music Video

nikko18

Hey you guys, I made a music video over the summer. I thought you might want to see.

I don't have a drum set so there is no drums. But all the other instruments are me. Three guitar tracks (not counting solo tracks), bass track and vocal tracks.

The vocals could be better I won't pretend to be a great singer, and the bass could be louder. But other then that and the drums I'm pretty happy with it!

Here's the link!!!

http://vimeo.com/14367129

[media]http://vimeo.com/14367129[/media]

Impressive

Damn nikko...im proud of you. [crying]

I remeber whatcing you do a cover of hendrix and now this? What next you going to be playing with Jimmy page? [tongue]

Hahaha I WISH!!! That would be sweet!

And thanks you guys. I just realized that I originally posted this at about 1:30 in the morning. So that's probably why no one noticed it at first. msp_tongue.gif

And yes, no Gibson, still can't afford one that I like. My Epiphone is so tricked out and awesome that I don't care though. I'm actually in the middle of doing another over haul of it.

And actually no Fenders in there either. That's my custom made strat you see me playing in the video. All done myself, except the neck which is Warmoth.

I liked it Nikko. I have to do make a suggestion though and don't take this the wrong way. It's just me lol. The solo needs to be done on your custom strat, I think it would work better with the song. A little less overdrive or maybe some chorus on the solo...ok I'll shut up now.

Great work on the video! The footage was great! msp_thumbup.gif

Ok I'm gonna try and put this in the nicest way possible. msp_unsure.gif Constructive criticism: Take some vocal lessons. You got the potential to be a really good singer, but IMO it's just not there.

Oh and I'm gonna have to say that I'm sorry because I had to stop the video early. It's really not my style of music and I just couldn't take it anymore. msp_sad.gif Not saying it's bad though! I just didn't care for it. msp_biggrin.gif

I liked it Nikko. I have to do make a suggestion though and don't take this the wrong way. It's just me lol. The solo needs to be done on your custom strat, I think it would work better with the song. A little less overdrive or maybe some chorus on the solo...ok I'll shut up now.

The solos are actually both played on my strat in the recordings. I just used the Les Paul in the video because I think it looks awesome. But they're both recorded on the strat. My strat has a thing called a tone shaper in it though so when I roll back on of the tone knobs the 1st and 5th pickup positions are humbuckers. So the solos do sound a bit more LP like because of the humbucker sound.

Great work on the video! The footage was great! msp_thumbup.gif

Ok I'm gonna try and put this in the nicest way possible. msp_unsure.gif Constructive criticism: Take some vocal lessons. You got the potential to be a really good singer, but IMO it's just not there.

Oh and I'm gonna have to say that I'm sorry because I had to stop the video early. It's really not my style of music and I just couldn't take it anymore. msp_sad.gif Not saying it's bad though! I just didn't care for it. msp_biggrin.gif

Don't worry about it man, obviously it's not every ones cup of tea. As for vocal lessons I totally agree. I just started singing a couple months ago so I don't have really any experience yet. I am also just starting college and I plan to take some vocal lessons while I'm there. If I'm going to take them why not get college credit for it?

Thanks every one!!msp_cool.gif

Archived