Gibson Brands Forums

Keeping the Guitar from...dropping off!

Ritchkid

Anyone got any good tips for making sure the guitar doesn't just drop off the strap when playing? Strap locking nuts seem like a good idea but I don't fancy replacing orignial bits on my guitar.... [flapper]

If you don't want to replace the original hardware on your guitar (which won't affect it's value anyway) you can always use the other type of strap locks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jim-Dunlop-Pair-2-X-Guitar-Strap-StrapLok-Straplocks-/230474763548?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item35a95dcd1c

Or if you're a beer drinker, use the red rubber rings from the top of a Grolsch beer bottle to secure your strap on

But me? I would recommend using a proper set of either Dunlop or Schaller straplocks, the only thing that you replace on the guitar is the strap buttons and that far outweighs the cost of repairing broken headstocks, body damage etc

good luck!

I have straplocks on all of my solid body guitars and the Grolsch washers on my semi hollows. No worries. As stated above, no mods necessary (maybe a bit of a diameter change on the screw size), and save your original parts if it's an issue.

Archived