Gibson Brands Forums

55 SJ on E bay Deal!

suburude63

I'm drooling already ... thats one gorgeous vintage SJ !

Would love to hear how it sounds, really dont understand why they almost never place a sound samples on ebay. I know its not ideal quality but it can still be representative..

I'm drooling already ... thats one gorgeous vintage SJ !

Would love to hear how it sounds, really dont understand why they almost never place a sound samples on ebay. I know its not ideal quality but it can still be representative..

In case you didn't notice, this one has a way too big replacement bridge and a replacement pickguard.

Nicer original examples of 50's slope shoulder guitars can be had for what he's asking for this one.

In case you didn't notice, this one has a way too big replacement bridge and a replacement pickguard.

Nicer original examples of 50's slope shoulder guitars can be had for what he's asking for this one.

I would agree. The guitar in my avatar is almost the exact same guitar- 1955, cherry stained back and sides and what not. It did have grovers instead of klusons but it had the original bridge and saddle and didn't have a hole in it. For what it's worth, it sold for $2660 on ebay.

I kinda like that somewhat beaten up, vintage look.

I completely agree. I love the look of the natural patina. Some call it "mojo". I am all about it! The deal breaker for me would be the replaced over sized bridge. Ugly IMHO.

I kinda like that somewhat beaten up, vintage look. But the hole in the side would be a deal breaker.

The hole in the lower bout is an easy fix and no big deal. No problem as long as it is reflected in the asking price.

The looks don't bother me a bit. All of my guitars are looking pretty road weary these days. On the ones I have owned the longest the scatches, nicks, rubbed away finish, and dried tobasco sauce stains are all memories (some pleasant and some kinda painful - ouch!). But there are still those times I will find myself wishing they all looked like they did the day they rolled out of the factory.

Archived