Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Cab

MonstrO

So, I recently bought this cab for $200. It's open back on the top with 2 English Vintage 10's and closed back on the bottom with 2 English Vintage 30's on the bottom. The back speaker input panel reads "Made In The United Kingdom". Brown Tolex. Cloth speaker grill. It's almost brand new. I think the previous owner drilled 3 screws to keep the grill from falling off at high volumes due to Velcro strip failure that kept it on from the factory (original Velcro strips still in there and in tact). One screw centered at the top and two on opposing sides on the bottom.

This thing is heavy and sounds amazing.

Any info?

That is the Brown cabinet (there was a Black version later) of the Gibson Super Gold Tone Series.

Pretty limited. Joe Perry played them for a while.

I love 'em.

Great price too BTW.

As far as Trace Elliot, I think... they built them

according to Gibsons' specs.

Yea. It says Trace Elliott in the speaker input plate when removed. It also says SGT cab. Isn't Gibson made in USA? What's it's relation to Trace Elliott?

Gibson guitars are made in the USA but unlike Fender they don't make amplifiers they simply subcontract them and dicatate the specs.

Trace Elliot made amplifiers for Gibson in the UK. Mojotone made/make the current USA Gibson amps.

Gibson guitars are made in the USA but unlike Fender they don't make amplifiers they simply subcontract them and dicatate the specs.

Trace Elliot made amplifiers for Gibson in the UK. Mojotone made/make the current USA Gibson amps.

Well ya learn somethin new every day.[thumbup]

Whoa!!! The inside circuitry reads 1994. You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the info. I love this cab!!! It's gonna complete my fullstack. I was thinking Orange 4x12 on the bottom and my Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 watt long head to run the beasts!!!

Thanks guys

Archived