Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson sponsorship=Pretty sweet

Windmills Optional

Went to see The Hold Steady at the Vic in Chicago the other night and, while I might have missed one or two along the way, I think I saw Tad Kubler play seven different very nice looking guitars during their set (that's counting the double-necked SG as one guitar). The sweetest might have been what looked like a teaburst block 335. That Gibson sponsorship seems like a pretty sweet deal!

(Great show, btw.)

I just checked em out on YouTube....while not really my type of band, it was decent, though I feel like they would be better live than recorded. I wasn't a fan of his vocal style...very talky in the songs i heard. Kinda Bruce Springsteenish to me.

I would probably enjoy em well enough in a bar but i don't think i would pay to see em.

I just checked em out on YouTube....while not really my type of band, it was decent, though I feel like they would be better live than recorded. I wasn't a fan of his vocal style...very talky in the songs i heard. Kinda Bruce Springsteenish to me.

I would probably enjoy em well enough in a bar but i don't think i would pay to see em.

Yeah, I have one of the songs, The Weekender or something like that. Its all about good times in a bar. They have gotten huge, and I'm still trying to figure out why.

Archived