Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Stratocaster By Gibson

igant512

Hello, I'm Ignacio from Montevideo, Uruguay in South America.

I recently bought this guitar and the truth is that I would like more information about it, because the owner was not sure where he was or his history,

and in internet i didn't found much. only found this

I've been deceived?

Thank you very much.

Leave a photo, if needd more just ask...

http://img710.imageshack.us/i/img0184bl.jpg/

post-26087-018205300 1286317671_thumb.jpg

http://epiphone.3house.com/

made by RobinTheHood [thumbup]

Robin!!! The Robster, the Cap'n, creator of the link

that has once again proven to be a handy, valuable source

of info!!! [thumbup]

Don't you just love it when something turns out to be useful?

I saw the question hours ago, but figured this was YOUR territory,

as you are probably the most knowledgeable about the EPI Strats and Teles,

since you created the list!

Time for a Pirate Dance.... (Music, please!) :-({|=:-({|=:-({|=

My first Electric guitar was an Epiphone s200. these guitars might nor be worth a great deal and tend to be let down by cheep pickups and scratchy electrics, but they do have nice necks and make a good platform for modifications. I would guess by the bat wing headstock, that yours must be one of the later ones.

Here is me in 1990 with my s200 (H/H) version (Try not to laugh at the goofy jumper) [biggrin]

59865_1277848045917_1821480400_560374_4062488_n.jpg

My first Electric guitar was an Epiphone s200. these guitars might nor be worth a great deal and tend to be let down by cheep pickups and scratchy electrics, but they do have nice necks and make a good platform for modifications. I would guess by the bat wing headstock, that yours must be one of the later ones.

Here is me in 1990 with my s200 (H/H) version (Try not to laugh at the goofy jumper) [biggrin]

59865_1277848045917_1821480400_560374_4062488_n.jpg

Hey, what's that red thing on the table? [scared][lol]

My friends made me a similar gift once for my BD. Was a nice thing to scare crap of some people :rolleyes:

Robin!!! The Robster, the Cap'n, creator of the link

that has once again proven to be a handy, valuable source

of info!!! [thumbup]

Don't you just love it when something turns out to be useful?

I saw the question hours ago, but figured this was YOUR territory,

as you are probably the most knowledgeable about the EPI Strats and Teles,

since you created the list!

Time for a Pirate Dance.... (Music, please!) :-({|=:-({|=:-({|=

Heck yeah! And I check the stats almost every day. I average about 50 hits a day give or take a few. I never thought it would get that much traffic from such a wide variety of places. It seems that a great deal of people seek info on their Epi strats. I use it for reference quite often as well.

map.jpg

I agree. Cheap pickups and electronics, but the necks were out of this world! And yes, it is anS-210. The headstocks were changed to the batwing in 1996 and the 210 was introduced at the same time.

Hi everyone - - hey, I just found an Epi S-210 at a GC for $100.00. Supposedly it's in 5 star condition. It was listed at $130.00 but there was a price drop. I thought it might be a good project guitar for changing PUPs, electronics, etc... Sound like a good idea and what about the price? Do you access the electonics thru the back or pickguard on this? Thanks.

Hi everyone - - hey, I just found an Epi S-210 at a GC for $100.00. Supposedly it's in 5 star condition. It was listed at $130.00 but there was a price drop. I thought it might be a good project guitar for changing PUPs, electronics, etc... Sound like a good idea and what about the price? Do you access the electonics thru the back or pickguard on this? Thanks.

$100 is an average price. Obviously they couldnt get $130 for it, hence the price drop. It is comparable to a Squier Bullet and priced about the same. Remember, the 210 was the bottom model for the Epiphone strats - except for the short lived "Epi" brand guitars. The two main differences between the 210 and the Bullet are the body and neck. The 210 body is laminated ply and the Squier is Basswood. The Squier has a typical thin fender neck, whereas the 210 will have a beefier Epiphone type neck. Personally, I prefer the Epiphone necks. I cant speak for the batwing necks, but the older hockeystick and pointed headstock necks were fabulous.

The electronics are accessible through the pickguard just like a strat. The 210 is visibly identical to a strat except for the headstock. It is an easy modding platform, but not really worth sinking money into unless you just love the 210/310 and/or want to learn to mod. Of course, any mods you do will be transferable to most strat style guitars within reason.

The batwing strats arent rare whatsoever, so this isnt really a once-in-a-bluemoon opportunity. I suggest you try it out and see how you feel about it when its in your hands.

$100 is an average price. Obviously they couldnt get $130 for it, hence the price drop. It is comparable to a Squier Bullet and priced about the same. Remember, the 210 was the bottom model for the Epiphone strats - except for the short lived "Epi" brand guitars. The two main differences between the 210 and the Bullet are the body and neck. The 210 body is laminated ply and the Squier is Basswood. The Squier has a typical thin fender neck, whereas the 210 will have a beefier Epiphone type neck. Personally, I prefer the Epiphone necks. I cant speak for the batwing necks, but the older hockeystick and pointed headstock necks were fabulous.

The electronics are accessible through the pickguard just like a strat. The 210 is visibly identical to a strat except for the headstock. It is an easy modding platform, but not really worth sinking money into unless you just love the 210/310 and/or want to learn to mod. Of course, any mods you do will be transferable to most strat style guitars within reason.

The batwing strats arent rare whatsoever, so this isnt really a once-in-a-bluemoon opportunity. I suggest you try it out and see how you feel about it when its in your hands.

Thanks for you input. I think it would be best to hold off for something more desireable.

Thanks for you input. I think it would be best to hold off for something more desireable.

I agree.

If you happen to come across an older S-310 Custom ( H/S/S config with an Ash body & natural finish) for around the same price, snatch it up. Those are quite rare, and with the solid ash body, could make a great modding guitar and an excellent player.

Archived