Gibson Brands Forums

Hung my guitars from the wall

dponzi

KL, you need to post a pic of your deluxe. I was playing mine a little while ago. I love the sound of the mini's. So many of those old deluxe's got routed for regular humbuckers, there's probably not a lot of the old ones left.

I know . . . every time I try to upload a photo it says it is too big, and I don't really like the idea of putting my photos on an internet site that is there for everyone like photobucket.

Mine is not routed out for humbuckers, just the beautiful minihumbuckers. It's my favourite Les Paul. I have two LP standards as well.

Nice

I have two small spots on the bottom of my SG where the finish was eaten away (not discolored but eaten) from a stand. There's also a really really small spot on the back of the neck where the finish was eaten also. I can't feel or see the one on the neck unless I really look for it.

I'm not really angry about it or anything I just wish I knew because it's easily avoidable. I covered the rubber on my stand with a white cotton cloth. I just sewed it on. Using the fingers of a cottor glove is a really good idea. Wish I thought of that.

Thanks for the complement. LOL, no, not a quake area (near Chicago). What concerns me is lack of humidity in the winter. I'm thinking they are all going back in cases December 1st, and I'll take them out come April. I know what you mean about hanging on an angle. I've already bumped them. That was the only way to fit them all on the same wall.

< --- Hanging doesn't hurt them at all Ive had this wall (see Avatar) for about the last 8 years I move guitars around and swap them out but never had any harm. I use Off the wall hangers and they are nitro safe I've never had a issue although I do have moleskin on the inside of the hooks where the reissues hang just to be on the safe side.

hanging them in a line like that looks nice but I would also be afraid of smacking them together. I think I have 27 hanging in the music room.

Archived