Gibson Brands Forums

Friday Night

feldkeen4

It's my birthday I woke up this morning 50 years old. Last night my son made me so proud when they won their third straight HS football game. He blocked a extra point and a punt. On the blocked punt they returned it for a touchdown. They were extreme underdogs and it is the schools 1st year with a varsity team. This team was way over matched but, they pulled it out with a kickoff return, the blocked punt score, a interception return, and a long touchdown pass. My son plays defense, they use a extra defensive back scheme. So depending on how the other team lines up he's either a linebacker, a defensive back, or a defensive end rushing on the outside. It is an exciting position for him to play. The blocked extra point came when the other team scored on the first play of the game. That caused them to keep going for 2 to make up for it and they never made it. A 24 to 27 nail biter.

andrewsickles10.jpg?t=1287252010

He's #13 for George Steinbrenner H.S. here in the Tampa Bay area

Happy birthday man! Congrats to your son's team! msp_thumbup.gif

High School Football is a big thing here too. In fact in my city we have two huge high schools. Both 2000 plus students. Last night both teams went head to head (massive rivalry between the two high schools). My school's team won by one point with a final score of 52-51. Very good game for both teams. msp_thumbup.gif

Congrats man! Some of my fondest memories are of my 2 sons football games. My oldest boys teams got to the western PA finals 3 years straight only to lose to the eventual state champion.

My youngest son was selected all section first team tackle his senior year.

Sadly our school district merged with another cross town school so it is no more.

Archived