Gibson Brands Forums

WHAT THE F***!!!!!

Dom_JEM

Cannibal Corpse is a band i hate, they sorta ruined the whole point of death metal. They brought the imagine of "being brutal". [rolleyes]

All these bands started in the 90's to, intresting.

CC is one of the oldest death metal bands around (1988 - where were you?). That "image" of being brutal exisists because they are. [flapper]

Not that I care if you like them or not, I hate that a$$ pirate band Avenged Seven Fold that is "all the rage", so I understand personal preference.

Cannibal didn't ask for whatever image was put on them after the "popularization" (is that a word?) of metal by today's youth of metal fans and the Metalacalypse cartoon.

People looked for the living encyclopedia reference for "Brutal" and chose CC, they were "brutal" long before "brutal" was an adjective for cool, violent music.

Cannibal didn't ask for whatever image was put on them after the "popularization" (is that a word?) of metal by today's youth of metal fans and the Metalacalypse cartoon.

People looked for the living encyclopedia reference for "Brutal" and chose CC, they were "brutal" long before "brutal" was an adjective for cool, violent music.

hahahaha [lol] Ask the same crowd to read about Mayhem. Then see what they think brutal is....

hahahaha [lol] Ask the same crowd to read about Mayhem. Then see what they think brutal is....

Very true!

I don't even talk about those Nord death metal bands....they may show up, burn down your church, eat your brains and make jewelry from your bones! [scared]

Gotta love it! [biggrin]

CC is one of the oldest death metal bands around (1988 - where were you?). That "image" of being brutal exisists because they are. [flapper]

Not that I care if you like them or not, I hate that a$$ pirate band Avenged Seven Fold that is "all the rage", so I understand personal preference.

1988 is nothing, there were tons...TONS of other DM bands at the time. Also the fact all their recrods sound the same is a reason i dont like em.Anyways the orginal masters of brutal would be ozzy, durning his tours with Randy people would throw dead animals on the stage and meat! [lol] Oh i love ozzy.

yeah he mentioned them and Opeth? meshuggah? canibal corpse?

heard of em, dont know the music, ang good demoon?

Opeth is good. Blackwater Park is a classic.

Meshuggah is good. They've released consistantly good material throughout their career, and I really like their new album.

Cannibal Corpse is also good. One of the few straight up death metal bands I really like.

Archived