Gibson Brands Forums

if i was to get my gibson studio faded refinished?

hotshot9991

Those rock, and a lil history lesson. Studios were designed for exactly that; studio work and have the exact same electronics as the Custom (comparing my 05 Studio with the 05 Custom). The difference is visual and maybe a closer tolerance in the wood work although both are very playable and sound exactly the same when plugged into the same amp and played by the same individual.

oh i love the studio alot of people think because its a cheaper Gibson its crap this les paul studio has a better sound than most standards ive played, im just changing the look of it im doing it because i cant afford a standard im just refinishing because i want to but ya im going to make it a desert burst

when they made the studio it was meant to be an affordable Gibson les paul that a lot of people also didn't care about paying for that didnt have all the looks of a standard yet, sounds awesome that why its called the studio.

Those rock, and a lil history lesson. Studios were designed for exactly that; studio work and have the exact same electronics as the Custom (comparing my 05 Studio with the 05 Custom). The difference is visual and maybe a closer tolerance in the wood work although both are very playable and sound exactly the same when plugged into the same amp and played by the same individual.

Gave you a plus one on that. I don't get why people hate the Studio line, they sound great. The Fadeds (at least my model) has Burstbuckers in it (I believe). I want a great sounding guitar that wouldn't break the bank and I wouldn't have to worry about every little ding that happens on my guitars. I got exactly what I wanted, and I'm not sure that I would have been happy with a Standard...

I want an Epi Sheraton, an SG Standard, and a MIJ Jazzmaster. Not top of the line guitars, but they sound great and I won't have to be one of those people who overly worries about them. I have seen it at small shows, people who request that you stand back further than you have to because he's worried about the guitar. It's not like someone is going to grab it out of your hands and smash it on the ground...

The guitar that gets the most play right now? My Fender Strat abomination that I bought for 2 bucks. It sounds great and I use a little bit of tremolo on a lot of stuff

Who's hating?

Nothing wrong with the guitar, other than getting out the door before it got a proper finish.

All I said is that it's not worth much money.

Am I wrong?

I say go for it.

[thumbup]

Isn't the top mahogany?

Huh?

[blink]

From what I understand, the cap on the faded models is mahogany. I'm not sure how much that might affect the finish. I've seen a few on other forums that people have refinished with a burst, and they looked pretty nice I think.

Archived