Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar CD "trainer"

heymisterk

Hi All,

I am looking to buy one of those CD players that slows down a CD's tempo but doesn't alter the pitch...trying to learn some tough solos, and I think one would work nicely. Anyone use one and/or have any recommendations?

Thanks as always!

Jeff

Back in my early days, we used to slow down the records / turntable to 16. [biggrin] .... It was approximately one octave lower, (I used to giggle at the sound of the vocals). But that's how I learned the Maggie Mae solo when I was 11 years old.

But there is one solo I recently learned by Roy Clark, and I used the "play speed" option on windows media, and the lower drop box shows on the screen, then you click the "slow" check box. And it cuts the speed in half, while maintaining the same tuning.

Back in my early days, we used to slow down the records / turntable to 16. [biggrin] .... It was approximately one octave lower, (I used to giggle at the sound of the vocals). But that's how I learned the Maggie Mae solo when I was 11 years old.

But there is one solo I recently learned by Roy Clark, and I used the "play speed" option on windows media, and the lower drop box shows on the screen, then you click the "slow" check box. And it cuts the speed in half, while maintaining the same tuning.

I didn't know about that feature, thanks!

If you have an iPod Touch or iPhone, there are a few programs for those that do this. I use one called "Amazing Slow Downer". The name is kinda dumb, but it works really good. You can slow down, change the pitch and loop.

I recommend this, its easy and works great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNZX03j5254

Whats easy is you can drag and drop songs(MP3's) from your computer into it and loop sections and slow 'em down with no pitch change

After you put songs into it just plug in the guitar and headphones and thats it very portable it will fit in your pocket and you can play anywhere

[thumbup]

The Tascam seems to be your best option; popular among the respondnts; I've had mine for a year. It's on sale around now as well.

I thank Duane V for the windows suggestion; haddent seen that.

Archived