Gibson Brands Forums

White Epi SG with EMG's stock?

buliwyf

A while ago (about a year or so) MF had some white EPI SG's with an EMG 85 and an EMG 81 direct from the factory and it seemed like they couldn't get rid of them.They kept going down in price till I bought one at $399.00.Does anyone know if Epi has a custom shop these were built in,did anyone else get one and were there a bunch made.Gotta say the guitar kicks *** big time and looks great,well I changed it to a Zakk bullseye clone but even in the stock white it was killer looking.Does anybody know anything about this run of Epi SG's seems like it was a good deal.

2723817540043544858S425x425Q85.jpg

Yea I figured Epi didnt have a custom shop maybe it was a limited run,but besides MF and music 123 I dont remember seeing them or anywhere else or even seeing anything listed about them. I think just buying a set of Zakk Wylde PU's and wiring set is like $200.00 so I think I got a dam good deal on the guitar and isnt white an unusual color for an Epi SG.

There never was an "Epi-Custom-Shop"

I think it was a "Limited Run" or

Independant Dealer special

What's this logo mean, then?

In case the pic is hard to see, it says: "Limited Edition Epiphone Custom Shop".

PirateHS.jpg

I'm not disputing you, I'm just asking.

What's this logo mean, then?

In case the pic is hard to see, it says: "Limited Edition Epiphone Custom Shop".

PirateHS.jpg

I'm not disputing you, I'm just asking.

It means you have a guitar with a special finish, like Transblack /Blue / Green, some of the bursts - probably any limited edition finish has this label.

It means you have a guitar with a special finish, like Transblack /Blue / Green, some of the bursts - probably any limited edition finish has this label.

Yep. Definitely a "Limited Edition" finish. "Pirates of the Caribbean".

Not everyone's cup-o-tea, for certain, but it got me a new G-400 for the price of a 310.

Archived