Gibson Brands Forums

Kustom 72 Coupe

jebloom22

I'm within hours of purchasing a Kustom 72 Coupe for a great price (below retailer cost). I used to play my LP Standard through a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 1/2 stack years ago, and had aspired to purchase one at some point, but I really don't need the size and power. I hadn't known much about Kustom tube amps until this week, but the reviews seem to be outstanding. These days, I'm interested in being able to have flexibility in what I play, so I'm not limited to one genre, although I lean towards a typical hard rock.

Does anyone think I should avoid Kustom, or that Mesa Boogie and/or Marshall are head and shoulders above Kustom? Any comments or thoughts are extremely welcome.

I'm within hours of purchasing a Kustom 72 Coupe for a great price (below retailer cost). I used to play my LP Standard through a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 1/2 stack years ago, and had aspired to purchase one at some point, but I really don't need the size and power. I hadn't known much about Kustom tube amps until this week, but the reviews seem to be outstanding. These days, I'm interested in being able to have flexibility in what I play, so I'm not limited to one genre, although I lean towards a typical hard rock.

Does anyone think I should avoid Kustom, or that Mesa Boogie and/or Marshall are head and shoulders above Kustom? Any comments or thoughts are extremely welcome.

had a 36 coupe 1x12 I gigged steady for 3 yrs, watch the stock speakers, blew mine out in a year of steady use,

upgrade to relic 30 celestions 60w.

and don't go overboard re tubing it the stocks work great.

other than that it is a reliable "plug and play" piece of equipment.

Archived