Gibson Brands Forums

Dot Pickguard - 335 Style YES

frankjohnson

Hey folks -

I hadn't been on here in a long while, and had been a long time registered user WAY back in the old Epi Forum.

One of the topics I had run into is Epi Pickguards -

A lot of people wanted after market guards with the 335 profile.

I spoke with a vendor and he actually pulled out the designs and is making them. Is this anything that people are interested in? If so, I can list the vendor and contact info.

Let me know - I will attach a pic of it here. Its a 4 ply and done very nicely - IMHO.

335dot.jpg

I hope this helps and doesn't step on anyone's toes. Like I said - its been a while since I even logged in - and I wanted to share.

I believe this is an actual scan of it, without holes drilled yet.

Ken

If any of you guys have found these elsewhere let me know. I never could find them until I ran into this seller. Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

I've never seen them before either. I've seen a lot of PGs around for sale, but not for an Epi Dot.

Mine already has one, but thanks for the info. I'm sure it could be useful for someone around here.

I've never seen them before either. I've seen a lot of PGs around for sale, but not for an Epi Dot.

Mine already has one, but thanks for the info. I'm sure it could be useful for someone around here.

My point was that this was one with the 335 profile, made to fit the Dot.

I thought it was pretty cool. It was a highly discussed issue on the "old Forum".....and since I was just getting back on thought I would share it.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks -

I hadn't been on here in a long while, and had been a long time registered user WAY back in the old Epi Forum.

One of the topics I had run into is Epi Pickguards -

A lot of people wanted after market guards with the 335 profile.

I spoke with a vendor and he actually pulled out the designs and is making them. Is this anything that people are interested in? If so, I can list the vendor and contact info.

Let me know - I will attach a pic of it here. Its a 4 ply and done very nicely - IMHO.

335dot.jpg

I hope this helps and doesn't step on anyone's toes. Like I said - its been a while since I even logged in - and I wanted to share.

I believe this is an actual scan of it, without holes drilled yet.

Ken

I am interested. I found something similar on Ebay, a couple in fact, but their descriptions arent really good. THey say they will fit a Epiphone Dot 335 style guitar. I am not posictive if it will fit my Dot. Can you post a link? Are Dots different than other DOts or are they all the same? THanks.

Is this where you are talking about? HERE

Archived