Gibson Brands Forums

Post your pedal board

Kimbabig

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the pretty pedal board like most of you posted but here they are:

pedals.jpg

I don't use them all together.....Line 6 PodXT Live is used separately once in a while.

From left to right and top to bottom

Line 6 PodXT Live, the oh so important channel selector for my B52 AT-100 head, Boss CE20, Original Crybaby, Ernie Ball Volume, Danelectro Sitar Simulator, Boss DS-2, Boss OC-3, Boss DD-3, Boss PH-3, Boss HM-3 (discontinued) and Boss BF-2

Not the pretty pedal board like most of you posted but here they are:

pedals.jpg

I don't use them all together.....Line 6 PodXT Live is used separately once in a while.

From left to right and top to bottom

Line 6 PodXT Live, the oh so important channel selector for my B52 AT-100 head, Boss CE20, Original Crybaby, Ernie Ball Volume, Danelectro Sitar Simulator, Boss DS-2, Boss OC-3, Boss DD-3, Boss PH-3, Boss HM-3 (discontinued) and Boss BF-2

Nice assortment of effects.

Thanks man. Edumacate me on the Boss Noise Supressor. What's it do?

It suppresses unwanted line/signal noise.

Where a Gate shuts off the signal at a specific threshold, the Suppressor suppresses noise beyond the threshold setting.

I hope I explained that correctly(?).

Anyway, it's Boss's version of a HUSH.

It suppresses unwanted line/signal noise.

Where a Gate shuts off the signal at a specific threshold, the Suppressor suppresses noise beyond the threshold setting.

I hope I explained that correctly(?).

Anyway, it's Boss's version of a HUSH.

Does the gate kill signals below a certain amplitude and and a supressor kill certain out of scope frequencies?

Does the gate kill signals below a certain amplitude and and a supressor kill certain out of scope frequencies?

I really don't know the science behind how they do what they do, I just know how to use them to quiet a high-gain setup.

A gate doesn't filter anything from the signal, it just closes/shuts off the signal once it drops to the set threshold.

The Suppressor filters a ratio of what I believe is a set range of known "noise frequency" and you tune it via the threshold pot.

I'm sure there is someone on here that could explain it much better.

Archived