Gibson Brands Forums

A good tune

bjb5228

Sounds great! Wonder what year that one is?

It always amazes me that people (some people) just keep talking when someone is playing?? Doesn't that seem odd to you? First off, it's rude to the performer, second, it's rude to those of us who want to listen. I went to see the Infamous Stringdusters last year when they were here in Calgary and there was two guys behind me who chattered away like old hens throughout the first set. The MC came onto the stage at intermission and made an announcement advising people to stop talking while the band was playing. Some of us applauded. Oops, sorry (thump, jumping off my soap box)

Anyway, I could listen to that guy and his guitar all night. Thanks!

It always amazes me that people (some people) just keep talking when someone is playing?? Doesn't that seem odd to you?

It happens in all scales. Went to see McCartney some years ago and stood on the arena floor near the sound tower. People were chatting everywhere as if it was a cocktail party. Extremely annoying during the acoustic set - I'd say they hadn't a clue 'bout what was goin' on.

It happens in all scales. Went to see McCartney some years ago and stood on the arena floor near the sound tower. People were chatting everywhere as if it was a cocktail party. Extremely annoying during the acoustic set - I'd say they hadn't a clue 'bout what was goin' on.

Maybe their way of enjoying the music? Friend of mine has seen a person actually start singing along from their seat in the audience in the opera. But that was in Italy.

Maybe their way of enjoying the music? Friend of mine has seen a person actually start singing along from their seat in the audience in the opera. But that was in Italy.

Yeah, I guess so. It's a tough call tho'. I once saw Dwight Yoakam at the Jack Singer here in Calgary. Not a concert so much as a relatively small get together in an upscale venue. The woman behind me was drunk and singing along with Dwight at the top of her lungs. If you want to do that, do it at home to your CD. I paid $73.00 to hear Dwight, not the drunk lady behind me [biggrin]

Sorry for the temporary hijack....

Friend of mine has seen a person actually start singing along from their seat in the audience in the opera. But that was in Italy.

I assume this burning aria-lover was carried out after a while -

Reminds me of a story from the premiere night of Ravels Bolero. A woman got so blown away that she ran to the wings of the theater and started banging the exit-doors.

The composers reaction : She was the one who understood the music.

Let's all laugh on. . . .

Archived