Gibson Brands Forums

Different R9 models - help please !

Nic LP

Hi guys.

I was just checking the R9 on Gibson website to find out that there are 3 models : the 50h anniversary, the gloss and the VOS but I can't find the differences. Is it the same thing, 'cause I noticed that the suggested retail prices for the 3 models are the same ?? [confused]

Thanks !

Nicolas

The idea of the proprietary V.O.S. treatment by Gibson's Custom Shop is to make the guitar look as if it had been made in the actual reissue year 1959 and had gently aged through many years. The Gloss version would be exactly the same model, same specs, but it looks factory new.

The idea of the proprietary V.O.S. treatment by Gibson's Custom Shop is to make the guitar look as if it had been made in the actual reissue year 1959 and had gently aged through many years.

It's always good to have a plan going in.... :D

The idea of the proprietary V.O.S. treatment by Gibson's Custom Shop is to make the guitar look as if it had been made in the actual reissue year 1959 and had gently aged through many years. The Gloss version would be exactly the same model, same specs, but it looks factory new.

or..... they give you a line of crap about gentle aging and then charge you $300 more to buff the finish. [biggrin]

Archived