Gibson Brands Forums

One thing I wish they would change...

superjudge3

I wish they would put neck binding on all G-400 models. If they can do it on the old vintage series than they can do it on regular the G-400. The '66 G-400 would have looked so much sexier with white neck binding! Does anyone else agree or wonder why they don't? Also, if they would use correct body beveling that would be nice too. ;)

I can't disagree with you on that one. I have a Vintage faded with the neck binding and she is just so sweeeet! A friend of mine played her and now he's looking for one himself in either colour, brown like mine or faded cherry. They aren't easy to find at a decent price. When one comes along, the seller is usually asking more than a new G-400 would cost in any finish. If they would bring out a new model with the binding, either in a faded or regular finish, I think it would be a huge seller. I would even buy one myself in a nice glossy cherry finish!

I wish they would put neck binding on all G-400 models. If they can do it on the old vintage series than they can do it on regular the G-400. The '66 G-400 would have looked so much sexier with white neck binding! Does anyone else agree or wonder why they don't? Also, if they would use correct body beveling that would be nice too. ;)

They simply won't allow the Epiphone model SG to trump the Gibson SG -

it's the bastard stepchild treatment the big daddy co. has over its little brethren

and holds, chokes, spanks, and deliberately holds back on while the family namesake Gibson triumphs

in its fruits of glory holding the patents and manufacturing rights out in shrewd display, laughing all the while.

Haven't we learned this already?

it's the bastard stepchild treatment the big daddy co. has over its little brethren

and holds, chokes, spanks, and deliberately holds back on while the family namesake Gibson triumphs

in its fruits of glory holding the patents and manufacturing rights out in shrewd display, laughing all the while.

All the while, the Maestro line (which is below the Specials in quality) have the correct beveling and an open-book headstock.

And this is why I think epiphone should run their own series of guitars rather than being seen as the cheaper gibson alternative. I have owned and played all sorts of epi's and they are great guitars. Please epi start releasing your own models more and more rather than just Gibson copies. become a brand in your own right again.

Archived