Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson vintage stickers on ebay

Maestro Vibratoer

Fake labels and headstock overlays have popped up on Ebay from time to time. No, Gibson does not allow it. PM Gibson customer service with a link and they will shut it down.

There's even a guy out there selling, what he calls, new/old stock headstock overlays on his own website. He claims these are left overs from Kalamazoo. I can't say for certain, but I'd be skeptical.

Thanks to all the replies on this. I sent the purveyor of these stickers an email and he says he is a brick and mortar repair shop. He said he contacted Gibson and never heard back. He calls himself "Strat100". gibson would love that.

The link on ebay is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120652535895&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123.

Que sera sera mi amigos.

I think it means "He's FoS".

[lol]

"Dear Gibson,

I love your guitars. Many times while I was growing up I'd lie awake at night and just dream of owning a Les Paul or maybe a sweet SG and playing for millions of my adoring fans as they cheer me on mind if I bootleg your labels from out in the audience with the spotlights shining and the fog machines pumping out at full blast! Thanks so much for building such and excellent series of guitars, with a phenominally wide range of colors and options to choose from!

Love,

Strat100

[lol]

"Dear Gibson,

I love your guitars. Many times while I was growing up I'd lie awake at night and just dream of owning a Les Paul or maybe a sweet SG and playing for millions of my adoring fans as they cheer me on mind if I bootleg your labels from out in the audience with the spotlights shining and the fog machines pumping out at full blast! Thanks so much for building such and excellent series of guitars, with a phenominally wide range of colors and options to choose from!

Love,

Strat100

I always lie awake and dream at the same time!

[lol]

"Dear Gibson,

Love,

Strat100

Archived