Gibson Brands Forums

Women=Argh

LarryUK

To be fair, I could say the exact same thing about men.

Good communication will have 4 components: honesty, directness, respect, consideration. Use those in all your communication and you shouldn't have any regrets. Harder than it sounds tho'.

Touché. You are absolutely correct though. Men can be like that too...which is why I have a hard time understanding why many guys cant figure women out. We are exactly the same...but opposite. If you can wrap your head around that, figuring out the opposite sex is a lot easier.

I agree with everyone that says you should concentrate on your father's health right now. My advice is due to the fact that your GF is trying to make you focus your attention on her by creating non-issues to distract you. Furthermore, its a trap that will set the tone for the rest of the relationship.

You have to deal with it now - and put and end to it now. Otherwise it will keep creeping up throughout the duration of your father's illness and be ultimately more distracting and stressfull than dealing with it head-on right now and getting it out of the way.

Dude... getting your dad sick so you could have them both giving you sh¡t sure is a sick thing to do :rolleyes:

I know what you mean man, I have 4 women in my family + my wife. It's almost impossible to explain unconfortable situations, and it's impossible to stop unconfortable situations from becoming worst. [crying]

Sorry about your father as well.

The women?

Sorry about that too.

What advice would I give considering the circumstance?

Be calm, kind and pleasant.

Say only what you must so you're not accused of snubbing anybody.

Ignore any drama they try to bring in.

If this fails, tell them they are NOT your travel agent for a fxcking guilt trip. =;

Tell them (outside the room) that they are free to leave, and that sooner is better.

Explain to them the purpose for your presence - DAD - and that NOTHING else matters at this point.

They can be a help or a hindrance - and you don't need any more problems at this point.

If they get mad THEN? Who cares.

No ifs, ands or buts.

Do NOT let them speak about ANYTHING but your dad.

If they want to re-hash the past in his hospital room, tell them to get the fxxx out.

You know what to avoid in your next girlfriend, eh? [woot]

I realized long ago there are a few constants involving women.

1.) They WILL get pissed off about something, anything, at some point.

I try to first figure out if I did it.

No?

Then I'm sorry you're upset, what can I do to help?

Nothing?

Okay.

(Now's the time to be sympathetic - at least a little, for a minute or two - but let THEM sort it out. Probably away from you...)

You can't fix it, so don't even try.

Trust me.

[unsure]

If it is DEFINITELY something you did, man up and apologize.

Then either have make-up sex as quickly as possible or change the subject immediately.

B)

2. They will be jealous. I ignore it completely, always.

I've had scenarios like Retro describes myself.

If I did nothing wrong, good luck pouting or b!tching until I confess that I did.

Never happen.

3.) If these steps don't work, I've always become single again in short order. [thumbup]

I will try to be compassionate and understanding to a point.

If it does nothing but fan the flames, she can leave at any time.

Sorry, but if I'm all of a sudden the biggest azzhole they ever met and the biggest problem in their life?

Why are they still talking to me?

[blink]

Archived