Gibson Brands Forums

Foot Pedal Instant Recorder -- Where Can I get one

CajunBlues

So, I have been seeing out on youtube guys that play a few chords to record a background rhythm and then press what appears to be a foot pedal and then solo over what they just instantly recorded...

OK so I am a newbie at this so don't laugh at me... What is foot pedal thingy called and where can I buy one ?

This guy uses it...

http://www.youtube.com/user/GregsGuitars

So, I have been seeing out on youtube guys that play a few chords to record a background rhythm and then press what appears to be a foot pedal and then solo over what they just instantly recorded...

OK so I am a newbie at this so don't laugh at me... What is foot pedal thingy called and where can I buy one ?

This guy uses it...

http://www.youtube.com/user/GregsGuitars

They are called Loopers.

I looked at the Boss RC2 Loop Station, but ended up buying a Digitech JamManSolo. It's a great unit (I think they both are). I can't remember the differences and the Boss unit may do all these things too (check), but mine has a memory slot where I can (and have) added a 2GB Micro SD card for added memory. In addition, I can put entire songs on it (to learn) from my iPod or computer, or even off You Tube (have about 30 songs on it now I think). Also can slow these down where needed to aid in picking out the details of a riff or passage, without changing the pitch (a VERY cool feature though I've not used it yet, I do need to).

AFAIK, the Boss and the Digitech are the two top in this field (research that before buying). I bought mine on eBay for way less than I've seen them for elsewhere. I think I paid around $155, and it may have been "B" stock.

I bought the Boss RC-2... I tried the Digitech one and that one was just too difficult for me to figure out... But the Boss is fantastic... Now I can practice my solos and melodies quite easily... It will make rehersals and gigs much more pleasant... Anything thing to help my live performances is good !!

Thanks everyone !

Archived