Gibson Brands Forums

Our Bands First Double Header

FirstMeasure

Heading out to Bear Mountain Ski Resort to play from 2pm-6pm, then place called Diamond Lil's Saloon in Big Bear City from 9pm-1am.

Anyone in the Area want to hear some good Rock and Roll, head on up to Big Bear California. Don't feel like driving the Mountain, that's ok, We'll be in Barstow next weekend at Gusto's Rockin' Bar-n-Grill.

The doubles can be really rough. I used to regularly play a Saturday 2:30-6:30 at one joint, and then pack up the gear and run to a 9-1 (or 8-12) somewhere else, sometimes as much as 50-60 miles away.

The key to survival on this schedule is MODERATION!

Thanks resec, I'd say we Rocked the Joints [thumbup]

It was a little rough on us, Both places we second story with no elevators. [cursing] But we played consistently from one gig to the next, changed up the set list. I don't think I'd wanna do it with a 50-60 mile drive in between, that's hardcore.

It was an experience, that's for sure. More than anything we wanted to say we did it, and we know we can do it when we need to.

I love the Ski resorts, they really take good care of us. One of the only places that gives us food AND drinks. Not to mention a crowd that's out to have fun. I Love this stuff!

It was an experience, that's for sure. More than anything we wanted to say we did it, and we know we can do it when we need to.

I love the Ski resorts, they really take good care of us. One of the only places that gives us food AND drinks. Not to mention a crowd that's out to have fun. I Love this stuff!

Sounds like you had a great time.

Archived