Gibson Brands Forums

Thinking of making a trade..

stumblinman

Found this on CL, he's posted it several times and I've been interested, but never wanted to spend any more dough. http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/msg/2108341264.html

Finally decided I'd be willing to give up the blue LP Studio for it, thought I'd see if he bites. I'll let you all know how it plays out. Oh, and if you live in the Pacific Northwest near Portland, it seems to be a damn fine deal if you've got the cash lying around.

Hey, Stumblin ...

I bought that very same guitar (save for the stock pickups, of course) a little over a month ago. I really wanted to like it ... really! But ...

The body was just too small for me (I'm 6'5"), and the pup switch is in such an odd spot ... on the lower horn ... that I kept hitting it and switching to the bridge accidentally. After a few days, I just knew I was never going to bond with that axe ... and back it went.

I was upset at the time. The guitar sounded great to my ears and it had a vibe that I really dug ... just not a good match for me. Your mileage may vary, naturally ... just wanted to share my experience with it. Good luck!

Jim

The body was just too small for me (I'm 6'5")

Ah, so it's big Jim.

stumblinman, I think it's a beautiful guitar, especially with the duncans, if I were financially firmer I'd be seriously tempted myself.

Question becomes, how much is the LP Studio worth to you, I could understand a decision either way.

I got the studio for 150 from CL a few months ago, and threw in some pups I had lying around, so I'm not in it for much, I'd be money ahead in the trade. The guy got back to me and said "wow, great guitar, but I only want cherry sunburst" so oh well. Thanks for the info about the pup selector, I didn't even consider that too.

Nice guitar, nice pups, I am in Portland.....hmmmmm.........

Can I ask what the list price on that was, and the street price ??...

And I haven't used craig's list...how fast should one move....to buy (I don't trade..trading means one less guitar, not my style ).....

And I haven't used craig's list...how fast should one move....to buy (I don't trade..trading means one less guitar, not my style ).....

I'm not sure how fast you should move. I thought it sold for 300 new originally, and with 100+ dollars in pickups and the other upgrades, it seemed like a no brainer to me. It has been listed for several weeks, and has slowly lowered in price, so I'm sure he'd respond quickly if you made an offer or contacted him. It's worth a try

I'm not sure how fast you should move. I thought it sold for 300 new originally, and with 100+ dollars in pickups and the other upgrades, it seemed like a no brainer to me. It has been listed for several weeks, and has slowly lowered in price, so I'm sure he'd respond quickly if you made an offer or contacted him. It's worth a try

Thankyou.......Damian.................. smiley-music021.gif

I use craigslist all the time. In fact I used it today to pick up an acoustic and again to get a black fender strat I am picking up tomorrow. I will usually check what the retail price is at musicians friend or guitar center and then I usually make an offer a little below what they are asking unless the price is too good to pass up. It seems like stuff moes pretty fast on craigslist here so I would act quickly. Good luck.

I use craigslist all the time. In fact I used it today to pick up an acoustic and again to get a black fender strat I am picking up tomorrow. I will usually check what the retail price is at musicians friend or guitar center and then I usually make an offer a little below what they are asking unless the price is too good to pass up. It seems like stuff moes pretty fast on craigslist here so I would act quickly. Good luck.

Thank you.....What a difference a day makes....It's sold....Thats O.K. I collect guitars, so, no big deal.....I will start scanning Craig's list though.....Gotta get me a new or used Epi with P-90s.....smiley-signs032.gif

Archived