Gibson Brands Forums

Will Epiphone ever make a "modeling amp"

crust

I am a proud owner of four Epiphone electric guitars (as well as other brands). They sound great through my Fender and Peavey amps. I recently acquired a Fender Mustang II modeling amp that has 12 different amp "models" to choose from as well as post amp and pre amp effects. This amp has a USB out connector for easy recording through your computer. I have also looked at the Peavey VyPyr modeling amps which also have software and a USB out as well as the Vox Tonelab LE effects pedal with model amps and recording capabilities. Boss and Korg also appear to have similar effects pedal modeling pedals. Epiphone, might you ever make a state of the art modeling amp or amps that surpass the performance of these (and similar)modeling amp and effects pedals ? Does Epiphone have the engineering capabilities and are they able to produce a modern amplifier for todays modern guitar player. I'd like to have a modern amp that complements my fine Epiphone guitars. I know you have the capability to work with your competetors products to produce highly accurate amp models. Can you (please) make a nice amp to go with my nice guitars. I'd buy an amp (or amps) like that in a second.

Thanks

Crust

Pete R.

I appreciate the link to the Epiphone Valve Junior and Senior amplifiers. I am well aware of these amplifiers. I have seen many "modifications" for these amps and have heard that the reverb spring is "weak sounding" and of poor quality, and must be replaced. I have read that many places on the internet. What I want (and many of my friends, who are also guitar players) would like is a powerful modern Epiphone modeling amp that surpasses what Fender and Peavey have recently made available. An amp with professional grade software to record with . A usb, firewire and midi ports. Something spectacular. I believe Epiphone/Gibson have the engineering and manufacturing capabilities to build such a product. An amp that has the high quality components that even surpass what "modified" amplifiers offer. If Gibson can make "robotic" guitars and other such nonsense, I would like to think that they could produce a fine, modern amplifier that todays modern guitar player/musician needs. I know I would certainly purchase an amplifier like that. How about you ?

I like it seperated....

DSCI0763.jpg

Epi/Gibson can do it, but I think they don't show much "love" on amps lately,

And there are plenty superb solutions out....

Yes, there are many "suberb solutions" out there. But, Epiphone and Gibson (at one time) made/make fine amplifiers. It would be nice, for me as an Epiphone owner (and player) to have a fine (suberb)modern amplifier, made by the same manufacturer that made my splendid Epiphone guitars.

With the advances in technology, I think it could be done. And with Chinese labor and manufacturing being what it is these days (getting better all the time due to "Kaizan" quality control techniques), the products should keep on getting better and better (over time) as well as become "higher quality" at a "lower cost" It's what the customer wants (I believe). I know I do.

But, Epiphone and Gibson (at one time) made/make fine amplifiers. It would be nice, for me as an Epiphone owner (and player) to have a fine (suberb)modern amplifier, made by the same manufacturer that made my splendid Epiphone guitars.

Why would that be nice? I don't get it.

If there are so many great amps out there now, then why would it be so nice?

What is "nice" about having your amp made by the same company that made your guitar?

Seriously, I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I would really like to understand your thinking.

Because I certainly do not.

Why would that be nice? I don't get it.

If there are so many great amps out there now, then why would it be so nice?

What is "nice" about having your amp made by the same company that made your guitar?

Seriously, I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I would really like to understand your thinking.

Because I certainly do not.

OK, I'll just keep on buying Fender, Peavey, Vox... products . I really don't need a nice Epiphone Amp. Someone else can do it better.

If anything ever happened to your guitar or amp, for whatever reason, it would be nice to deal with one entity. I think it would be nice if Epiphone was a "full service" company. Epiphone does make very nice amps. Why do people buy them ? I don't know. maybe it's because they want a nice Epiphone amp to go with their Epiphone (or whatever manufactures) guitar they might own. I think it would be great if Epiphone expanded their line of fine amplifiers by offering something of what I previously posted. I have owned a very nice Epiphone amplifier in the past, a SC-210. It was a very cool amp. That was 10 or more years ago. I'd like something ultra modern with all the capabilities I spoke of earlier, if not more.

I'd like something ultra modern with all the capabilities I spoke of earlier, if not more.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Peavey Vypyr 60 and Vypyr 120 tube-powered modeling amps. 6L6s in the power section, a 12AX7 in the preamp AND it does all the digital modeling stuff?!?! SCHWEET...

I know somebody that has the 120 version and it's pretty awesome. Check them out.

60 Watt 1X12 Combo: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-VYPYR-Tube-60-60W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482912

120 Watt 2X12 Combo: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-VYPYR-Tube-120-120W-2x12-Guitar-Tube-Amp?sku=482913

120 Watt Head: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-VYPYR-Tube-120H-120W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=582107

Ask and ye shall receive.

Peavey Vypyr 60 and Vypyr 120 tube-powered modeling amps. 6L6s in the power section, a 12AX7 in the preamp AND it does all the digital modeling stuff?!?! SCHWEET...

I know somebody that has the 120 version and it's pretty awesome. Check them out.

60 Watt 1X12 Combo: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-VYPYR-Tube-60-60W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482912

120 Watt 2X12 Combo: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-VYPYR-Tube-120-120W-2x12-Guitar-Tube-Amp?sku=482913

120 Watt Head: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-VYPYR-Tube-120H-120W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=582107

Yes, those are all extremely nice amps, and I'll probably get one really soon. Too bad Epiphone doesn't make something even better, more simulated amps as well as more capabilities. I'm sure better more knowledgeable players could suggest major improvements and enhancements to the Peavey amps. I'd like to be able to obtain a fine amplifier like that from Epiphone to complement my wonderful Epiphone guitars.

I'm sure better more knowledgeable players could suggest major improvements and enhancements to the Peavey amps.

That sounds like a backhanded remark at me, but whatever...

And I'm not sure you can pack much more into one amp, especially when you consider the features the optional foot-pedal opens up.

Sorry, I meant better, more knowledgeable guitar players/musicians than myself. I certainly meant no offence to you or your knowledge of amplifiers. I am sorry that you took my remark in that light. Please accept my sincere apology.

Now Epiphone. Make a nice amp so we can all RAWK

Sorry, I meant better, more knowledgeable guitar players/musicians than myself. I certainly meant no offence to you or your knowledge of amplifiers. I am sorry that you took my remark in that light. Please accept my sincere apology.

It's all good, I knew what you meant and was poking a little fun at you. [flapper]

Archived