Gibson Brands Forums

BEEN WONDERING THIS FOR YEARS

LPguitarman

Good primer on slaving, Andy. [thumbup] My only issues with slaving is that it can get buzzy.

Seems like I always managed to find an abundance of treble while slaving an amp. Some folks

send the slave signal to a power amp instead of another guitar amp - amplifying the signal

but not recoloring/distorting it further - or sending the signal through their rack system.

This was pretty common practice in the 80s as I recall. Then again running the slaved signal

into the front end of another guitar amp to add more gain can sound great.

An even simpler slaving arrangement involves slaving a small amp into a larger amp functioning

as a tube power amp. You wanna hear a Champ sound huge live? Slave it into a 100 watt tube amp!

slaving a guitar amp just sounds like complete crap to me.... You can never get it loud enough to over-come that walkie-talkie tone.... [thumbdn]

It depends on how you do it. I guarantee my tone is nothing like a walkie talkie and has enough volume to blow what's left of your short follicles back. Depends on what you use and how you use it. Hot plates sound like arse. msp_thumbdn.gif Webber Mass and Palmer PDI-03 works for me ..... and uh Eddie Van Halen too.... msp_thumbup.gif

But I run through a power amp and Vintage 4/12 with greenbacks .... Agree running through the front end of another amp is not preferred.

Andy

Archived