Gibson Brands Forums

I'm Torn

Artie Owl

I bought a Power Stack pedal from Boss as part of my Christmas gift, and it is awesome for really punching up your sound to screaming levels, but I don't know that it's quite the right fit for my playing.

I have until monday to decide whether or not to exchange or return it. I can see myself enjoying the "Crank it up" attitude of it all, but I doubt that it'll be a mainstay of my playing.

Has anyone else had an opportunity to mess around with it, dial it in, mix it up?

I played one yesterday. I think it rocks, but it IS more of a booster than a modeling pedal.

I'd have to agree that, if you weren't in the market for a boost/driver pedal, then, rather than wait and see if the pedal grows on you, go ahead and take it back.

I'll caveat that with the fact that initially I didn't find a lot of use for my '65 Reverb pedal, but having mucked around with it a bit, I now fairly love it and am glad I did not return it... :)

I bet THAT helped a lot!

[lol]

Tons! [razz]

Iunno. This is my third Boss pedal, they're neatly packed away in a BCB case I got, all daisy chained together. Maybe I've got them in the wrong signal path?

Right now it's my OS-2 (distortion/overdrive) ST-2 (power stack) and CE-5 (chorus) then amp. I figure I could shuffle them around a bit.

Tons! [razz]

Iunno. This is my third Boss pedal, they're neatly packed away in a BCB case I got, all daisy chained together. Maybe I've got them in the wrong signal path?

Right now it's my OS-2 (distortion/overdrive) ST-2 (power stack) and CE-5 (chorus) then amp. I figure I could shuffle them around a bit.

Try dropping the OS-2 completely and using the gain on the Power Stack though the chorus. (or chorus through the ST-2) That's what I was doing yesterday. Any other combo of distortion thru the ST-2 seemed to add too much gain.

Try dropping the OS-2 completely and using the gain on the Power Stack though the chorus. (or chorus through the ST-2) That's what I was doing yesterday. Any other combo of distortion thru the ST-2 seemed to add too much gain.

I had the OS-2 off for the most part, then I turned the OS-2 on but turned the OD all the way up to avoid adding more distortion, but I will give that a try later on when I get home. Thanks.

Only if you've been good Chan; I guess you're due some good Karma after reminding me that a certain member shouldn't be reminded of things like, facts.

Seriously speaking though I made a vow a few years back to keep expanding my collection and not trading things in anymore. I think I'll have a nice long healthy relationship with all three of my pedals. [thumbup]

/chuckle

I hope the Kharma I get from that is good....

If I have absolutely no use for a pedal, I'll trade it in. But if I even have so much as 1 song that needs that sound, I'll keep it. (I'm talking to YOU Danelectro Pepperoni!)

Glad you kept it. Now I'll have someone to bounce tone settings off of!

(I found the 9 o'clock position to match up really well with the Tele and the Vox...)

Archived