Gibson Brands Forums

Saturday morning

Silenced Fred

Going to record with my drummer, hoping to at least get a decent recording that I can throw vocals on for a demo and kinda mix it. I was going to go to the studio at the college, but I just found out its shut down over break, they couldn't get anyone to come in to "babysit" me while I was recording...

See how that goes, and I'll try and get a decent track up for y'allins.

I'm also going to try and record most of it so I can at least show that I do know how to play the guitar

No autographs please, I'm quite busy [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper]

So how's your day going?

Going to record with my drummer, hoping to at least get a decent recording that I can throw vocals on for a demo and kinda mix it. I was going to go to the studio at the college, but I just found out its shut down over break, they couldn't get anyone to come in to "babysit" me while I was recording...

See how that goes, and I'll try and get a decent track up for y'allins.

I'm also going to try and record most of it so I can at least show that I do know how to play the guitar

No autographs please, I'm quite busy [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper]

So how's your day going?

I've been up for about an hour.... been hangin with the boys until the wee hours, and it shows. We were watching my youngest play the undead mod for Red Dead Redemption....

So do you find your voice to be better in the mornings?

I'm having to much fun replacing things in the house that to be replaced. The A/C system, pool pump, etc. Oh well. Hope you do ok with your recording sessions. Want to hear the outcome. [thumbup]

I've been up for about an hour.... been hangin with the boys until the wee hours, and it shows. We were watching my youngest play the undead mod for Red Dead Redemption....

So do you find your voice to be better in the mornings?

I usually record vocals either late at night or early in the morning, usually so as not to disturb anyone, but I'm not sure what's "better"

One time, I lost my voice, and it sounded pretty cool, but tore up my throat. I've been up since 6... got home at 1am... girls take up too much time and don't stop talking :rolleyes:

I need a ton of coffee

I usually record vocals either late at night or early in the morning, usually so as not to disturb anyone, but I'm not sure what's "better"

One time, I lost my voice, and it sounded pretty cool, but tore up my throat. I've been up since 6... got home at 1am... girls take up too much time and don't stop talking :rolleyes:

I need a ton of coffee

It seems to me that about a month or so ago, you would have welcomed the ladies taking up too much of your time.

Funny how that works eh?

Good luck with the recording Nathan.

Dave

It seems to me that about a month or so ago, you would have welcomed the ladies taking up too much of your time.

Funny how that works eh?

Good luck with the recording Nathan.

Dave

Still welcoming and accepting it, but it eats up time man.

Balancing women, school, music, etc takes a ton of time.

I gotta have somethign to ***** about [flapper]

It's been a quiet morning so far. Just gearing up to spend the late afternoon and evening parking my butt in a lawn chair in the snow by a roaring fire and tipping a few wobbly pops with a bunch of like minded individuals.

We have a driver all lined up so no problem there.

Too bad it is too cold for the acoustic guitars.

I'm used to hosting the fires. We live in a more rural area. Today it is at a buddy's place in his yard beside the 17th fairway. At least we won't be ducking any golf balls today.

Dave

Went better than expected, but didn't get good recordings. It's hard to get the drums up using a single mic... Guess we gotta wait for the actual studio, I might upload the actual song we have so far. My drummer is borrowing my mic for the weekend to try and get some good recordings and stuff, so no vocals yet. We record a lot better together, its hard recording separately for him.

In case anyone cares

Archived